Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Browning A-Bolt price

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Default Browning A-Bolt price

I am interested an a Browning A-Bolt Boss in 270 that my brother is wanting to sell. I have not looked at it but am pretty sure that it is in great condition and not used much. He said the Boss made it too loud for him as he was planning to use it hunting w/out hearing protection.

Any thoughts on a good price and what I should look for?

I plan on using it for target practice 100 yards maybe progressing out to 300 in the future and an occasional deer.

It does not have a scope right now but does have rings so I will need to think about a scope recommendation as well.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It depends on which model it is. For example the Medallion will sell for more than the Composite Stalker or Hunter grade. I would say anywhere from 450-650 again depending on model.

You can get the CR module for the boss (conventional recoil). It's the center piece that's not ported as the Boss is and available from Browning. That way you get the tuning capabilities of the Boss but without the increased noise.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 02-01-2010, 07:39 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I'm going to try and get a look at it tonight. Then I can be more specific as to what model it is and how much it has been fired.

Originally I was thinking of a new X-bolt in 308 caliber. That one looked like around 750 new I think. I'm hoping to save some money with this one.

What do you think of the 270 compared to the 308?

Old 02-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

OK, I've got it in my hands..

There are no markings to identify exactly which A-Bolt model it is but it appears to be the A-Bolt Stainless Stalker in 270 Win with BOSS.

Link to Browning site
A-Bolt Stainless Stalker, , Browning Firearms Product

It has a few scratches on the exterior of the barrel and needs cleaning but looks OK otherwise. He said he shot 3" groups at 300 yards with it sometime in the past.

He told me to take it and shoot it on Wednesday and that is my plan. Scope had been removed so I also have on loan an older Bushnell 3-9 to install and try on Wednesday as well.

I'm hoping to offer my Taurus 9 (PT911 I think) and some amount of cash. The Taurus is in great shape and I've only fired less than 200 rounds through it. I'm more of a 1911 fan and the Taurus never grew on me..

Suggestions?

Old 02-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Since you'll be trading your Taurus and some boot, just make the best deal that you can. The .270 shoots flatter than the .308, and is an excellent choice. I have a Stainless Stalker as well as other A-bolts and LOVE them.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!