Browning BLR Takedown rifle
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Browning BLR Takedown rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Browning BLR Takedown rifle

Anyone use the Browning BLR Take Down rifle? I'm want to buy a stainless BLR with the straight grip and the only model they offer it in is the TakeDown model. Any issues or concerns with the this rifle? Not sure if I can trust a gun to maintain zero when it comes apart with the flip of a switch.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #2

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Dude, SO want that gun! The rear sight's on the barel and get the Scout scope-mount -- no zero worries and it is a super vesatile gun in that configuration, especially in .308. PLEASE get it, take pictures, do a range report, and make me as jealous as proud...

browning-blr-stainless-laminate-takedown-scout.jpg  

Old 03-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

A friend of mine has one and he never complained or said anything about it I've only heard good things about it such as accuracy and it has a very nice feel to it

Old 03-03-2013, 11:46 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Dude, SO want that gun! The rear sight's on the barel and get the Scout scope-mount -- no zero worries and it is a super vesatile gun in that configuration, especially in .308. PLEASE get it, take pictures, do a range report, and make me as jealous as proud...
Holy crap, talk about eye relief!!! Couldn't have a setup like that my friend!!!

Old 03-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PABUCK View Post
Holy crap, talk about eye relief!!! Couldn't have a setup like that my friend!!!
Why not? That is standard for a Scout configuration! Think about it at least...
savage-scout.jpg   springfield-socom.jpg   imagescsteyr-scout-scopedazpsh3x.jpg   browning-leveraction-rifle-scout.jpg   co-pilot.jpg  

Old 03-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

In my opinion the scout configuration looks terrible. How are you able to see thru the scope with it that far away from your face? I'm second guessing the TakeDown model due to the fact it comes apart. History tells me that the less moving parts you have the better off you are!!! We'll see, it depends on how much and when my .284 sells for!!

Old 03-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PABUCK View Post
In my opinion the scout configuration looks terrible. How are you able to see thru the scope with it that far away from your face?...
Well, the image is very small but if you put your head really far up the stock and squint...

LER

Last edited by HockaLouis; 03-04-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Well, the image is very small but if you put your head really far up the stock and squint...

LER
Yea, think i'm gonna pass!!! Probably just gonna get the pistol grip version and not mess with the TakeDown model. I have no reason to separate the barrel from the receiver, i just wanted the straight grip!!