Browning a-5 Magnum ident
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Browning a-5 Magnum ident

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Browning a-5 Magnum ident

About 20 years ago, I bought a used 12 ga. a-5 magnum in new condition from a small dealer who represented the gun as a belgium made firearm.

I have researched the Browning site but I cannot make any of the numbers fit this gun. The receiver port has the numbers 69V and 46673. It is nicely engraved with Browning and a bust picture of Browning on the left side of the receiver and the word Magnum spelled out in script The stock does not have a knob grip but does have what appears to be the original recoil pad.

The barrell has Browning Arms Company, St Louis, Mo and Montreal and Made in Belgium on the left side of the barrell. On the opposite side , it has
special steel-12 gauge shells-3". Thats all I can find anywhere on the gun.

I'm an older retired US Marine and want to leave this gun to my Grandson but not if its a knock off. A friend inferred this may be a Jap receiver with a Belgium barrel added. Can any one tell me what I have ...I would like to know the date of manufacture and if its a true Belgium 12 ga Magnum. Thanks for any help on this... I am stumped on this one.

Last edited by jemcgraw; 09-04-2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Do not want my name to appear

Join Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join Today! - Click Here

Old 09-19-2009, 04:41 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This is not an article. This is a post that belongs in the shotgun section. Also, you should drop a "howdy" in the introduction section.