Brought home savage 110 - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Brought home savage 110

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by p35bhp55 View Post
I have a Win 70 in 7 mag with the Choate Varmint and a bull barrel Savage Tactical with a Duramaxx, both had plastic from the factory. The Savage was bad you could twist the forearm easily and make contact with the barrel, the fix at the time was cut a channel and bed something like a pushrod in it. The 70 stock was actually pretty good, just lighter than I wanted for the 7 mag. Sounds like the new ones are much better, maybe finding some place for weight would help if recoil is an issue. If my stuff didn't get drug around so much a nice stock like yours would be great.
the laminated stocks are actually pretty durable and weather doesn't affect them like regular wood stocks. IMO, laminates are the best of both worlds, the beauty of a nice wood stock an the durability of a synthetic. i am very pleased with mine so far.
Apex-Predator Likes This 
Old 10-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1552

I've owned a couple of Savages over the years, never had a bit of trouble with either, now I want to replace mine and build it up.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 10-22-2013, 02:44 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 157 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

So I shot my savage today. It was an experience to say the least. This was the first scope I had ever mounted and I didn't tighten the rings down hard enough. I sighted it in at 100 then moved back to 200 and wasn't even hitting paper. I checked my rings and they had come loose!

I was so embarrassed so I tightened them back up and went back to a hundred yards. First shot was 1" high, dead center. I couldn't believe my eyes I had gotten really lucky. So I took it back to 200, bullseye! Then we moved back to 300 and I was busting coke bottles.

In all I had a good day. This was the second time I had ever shot a rifle bigger than a 22. I had fun and cannot wait to go back!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-22-2013, 03:09 AM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
So I shot my savage today. It was an experience to say the least. This was the first scope I had ever mounted and I didn't tighten the rings down hard enough. I sighted it in at 100 then moved back to 200 and wasn't even hitting paper. I checked my rings and they had come loose!

I was so embarrassed so I tightened them back up and went back to a hundred yards. First shot was 1" high, dead center. I couldn't believe my eyes I had gotten really lucky. So I took it back to 200, bullseye! Then we moved back to 300 and I was busting coke bottles.

In all I had a good day. This was the second time I had ever shot a rifle bigger than a 22. I had fun and cannot wait to go back!
sounds great! a bad day at the range still beats a good day at work!
Apex-Predator Likes This 
Old 10-22-2013, 03:13 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 157 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

Yes, it does!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #26

Liked 210 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
I used to have a job where I had to go out to the range and test-fire various guns, on occasion. Sometimes to diagnose problems, sometimes to make sure I fixed them right, sometimes just to sight them in.

I'm glad to hear that the gentleman's new rifle worked out well. There's no feeling quite like it.