Broad questions from a to be renewed weapons owner... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Broad questions from a to be renewed weapons owner...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2007, 02:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Personally,I were to go with a Semi-automatic assault rifle. I would prefer the Ak-47/74 Varients.
They are cheap,rugged,mods out your wazoo,and the ammo is inexpensive. Personally I would go with the longer version,without the folding stock,but,thats just me.
As far as your wife goes,I agree alot with what earlier posts stated..She has to go to the store,choose a weapon that she likes,and let her practice with it on her own. Reguardless if it is a revolver or not. She has to enjoy the weapon,she'll be the one firing it.
As for a pistol as a side arm to the rifle,I'd go with something small,pistols in general are designed to be a last ditch weapon,so I'd keep the calibre small and the weapon itself small. Not Derranger small,but say...a 38 special,or,if you're a WWII buff,a Walther P-38 or a Makarov...Small and effective.

Vintovka Mosina 1891/30 with Monte Carlo Stock, Muzzle brake, bi-pod, custom bent bolt, tri-rail with x12 variable power AIM sports scope, range finder reticle green or red illumination, 2.5 IB match trigger.