Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   British 303 Lee Enfield Parts? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/british-303-lee-enfield-parts-20336/)

U.S.Patriot 11-22-2009 09:59 PM

British 303 Lee Enfield Parts?
 
Bought a Wonderful Enfield recently, it's a No.4 MK1 Long Branch 1942. Its the most accurate open sight weapon I have had in years, Trouble is, it's been sporterised! and I want to return it to WWII Limie condition. The Butt Stock is good to go, the lower stock has been cut down, does anyone know where I could buy the lower Stock, and the two upper hand guards, plus the rings or hardware the I need? I also need the sling swivels. I will buy one at time if needed.

2nd Question: Never having an Enfield before could anyone ID the markings and what they represent? The Markings are just above the Butt Stock. It is marked no. 4 MK1* Long Branch 1942. Above the Butt stock it reads: 52 under that: England, under that: 7L4227: under that FTR
Thanks Guys.

canebrake 11-22-2009 10:23 PM

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...ad_wo_pics.gif

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

dteed4094 11-23-2009 01:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a site you might want to check out. Ian Skennerton's
Is your Enfield a Santa fe or did an individual sporterize it. I have a #4 mk1 savage mnfg that I could be talked out of, I never shot it yet but is full military. What kind of stock does yours have on it or is it just cut down? Maybe a trade is possible. Pictures?

cpttango30 11-23-2009 02:31 AM

Hoosier Gun Works : Online Catalog : Gun Parts : Military - Enfield

U.S.Patriot 11-23-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dteed4094 (Post 189555)
Here's a site you might want to check out. Ian Skennerton's
Is your Enfield a Santa fe or did an individual sporterize it. I have a #4 mk1 savage mnfg that I could be talked out of, I never shot it yet but is full military. What kind of stock does yours have on it or is it just cut down? Maybe a trade is possible. Pictures?

This has been cut down by an individual, The Savage I understand is American Manufacture, This one, the "Long Branch is a keeper, I'll take a few photo's so people will know what I'm dealing with. Do you know if the Lower stock is one piece or two? Besides the butt Stock. I will check out the site you supplied. Thanks so much.
Semper Fi

c3shooter 11-23-2009 06:01 PM

Couple of websites for you- first is surplusrifle.com- good info on Enfields, a few articles, etc. Second is my first stop when shopping for parts for just about ANY firearm- gunpartscorp.com MOST of their parts are used- take offs from guns that have hit the end of the road.

U.S.Patriot 11-23-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 189810)
Couple of websites for you- first is surplusrifle.com- good info on Enfields, a few articles, etc. Second is my first stop when shopping for parts for just about ANY firearm- gunpartscorp.com MOST of their parts are used- take offs from guns that have hit the end of the road.

WoW Excellent Site, they had a million parts but all for the 1914 Enfield, I think a few of these parts will work for my 1942 Long Branch, Thanks so much for your time.
Semper Fi

Highpower 11-24-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U.S.Patriot (Post 189838)
WoW Excellent Site, they had a million parts but all for the 1914 Enfield,
Semper Fi

You are looking in the wrong section.....

Look under "SMLE" (Short Magazine Lee Enfield) instead of "Enfield". ;)
Firearm Parts and Accessories | Numrich Gun Parts Corp. | e-GunParts.com

By the way -- If you ever need an Enfield "expert", I recommend Brian Dick. He's a "good ol' boy" who KNOWS Enfields inside out. :)
BDL LTD Rifles and Accessories

U.S.Patriot 11-24-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highpower (Post 190110)
You are looking in the wrong section.....

Look under "SMLE" (Short Magazine Lee Enfield) instead of "Enfield". ;)
Firearm Parts and Accessories | Numrich Gun Parts Corp. | e-GunParts.com

By the way -- If you ever need an Enfield "expert", I recommend Brian Dick. He's a "good ol' boy" who KNOWS Enfields inside out. :)
BDL LTD Rifles and Accessories

Holy **** Brother!!! That info was the "Jack Pot" Thanks so much:D

Highpower 11-24-2009 03:31 PM

You're welcome so much. ;)

BTW -- I agree with c3shooter (as usual...).
You really should spend some time reading the info found at surplusrifle.com because you will learn a lot about your No. 4 there.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:24 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.