Bolt Action Rifles. - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Bolt Action Rifles.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 577
Liked 227 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default

Bolt guns are my favorite too, I used to be into AKs rifles when I was younger but when I started reloading I got into bolts and have never looked back. I have past just the shooting stage and have really started appreciating refinement, I am madly in love with my FN Model 70 Featherweight, it shoots as tight as my Savages and feels like a million bucks, everyone is telling me the Kimber/Cooper is even better and I am looking forward to finding out
Apex-Predator is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #62
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex-Predator View Post
Bolt guns are my favorite too, I used to be into AKs rifles when I was younger but when I started reloading I got into bolts and have never looked back. I have past just the shooting stage and have really started appreciating refinement, I am madly in love with my FN Model 70 Featherweight, it shoots as tight as my Savages and feels like a million bucks, everyone is telling me the Kimber/Cooper is even better and I am looking forward to finding out
i like the simple elegance of bolt actions. when i was very young, i spent many an hour looking at the beautiful rifles in my father's magazines that came every month, especially, The American Rifleman. the bolt actions captured my fancy and these were the years before the synthetic stocks. they were beautiful carved wood and blued metal and to me, works of art. to me, the bolt action was the rifleman's rifle.
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:27 AM   #63
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGN_Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,721
Liked 2483 Times on 1457 Posts
Likes Given: 568

Default

My first gun was a JC Higgins .22 bolt action. So they just seem pretty natural to me.
SSGN_Doc is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,190
Liked 2903 Times on 1890 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longunner View Post

Yea I'm going to keep a watchful eye on armslist and see if I can't find some more gun stores that are near me. I like rifles that are beat up, it makes it more satisfying when you get them to look like they did the day the came from the factory. Plus then they have a little bit of personality
Precision armory @ lake caramel, collector rifle and ammo @ hopewell junction, cals sporting guns and ammo @ wappingers falls to name a few. Behold the map app of a smartphone!
__________________
Feral cat waterboarder
primer1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #65
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sniper03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 6,139
Liked 3569 Times on 1719 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

Default

Axxe & Friends,

Here are couple of my favorite Bolt Guns. The Remington 40X Custom Sniper Rifle (308) was in fact my Team Gun for several years. The other Remington 700 CDL 7MM Rem Mag. is my favorite hunting gun.

03
064356b-remington-40x.jpg   g6443764-remington-700cdl.jpg  
__________________
The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 06-27-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Sniper03 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #66
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
longunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,174
Liked 188 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1

Precision armory @ lake caramel, collector rifle and ammo @ hopewell junction, cals sporting guns and ammo @ wappingers falls to name a few. Behold the map app of a smartphone!
I have been meaning to go and check out collector rifle and ammo and cals sporting. I went to precision armory and I liked it and even made a purchase. Some of the guys I work with went up there a few weeks ago and they said they were asking 60$ for a brick of .22 ammo. I understand supply and demand but it drives me crazy to see people gouging prices. Have you been to any of them or did you just find them on the app (what is it by the way I definitely want to check it out )
__________________
Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Savage Model 11
Saiga 7.62x39
Mossberg MVP Varmint
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2
53 Springfield M1 Garand
longunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,190
Liked 2903 Times on 1890 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longunner View Post

I have been meaning to go and check out collector rifle and ammo and cals sporting. I went to precision armory and I liked it and even made a purchase. Some of the guys I work with went up there a few weeks ago and they said they were asking 60$ for a brick of .22 ammo. I understand supply and demand but it drives me crazy to see people gouging prices. Have you been to any of them or did you just find them on the app (what is it by the way I definitely want to check it out )
Never been there, the "app" is the smart phone application, or program, that phones use. I typed in your town, zoomed out, typed in gun stores, and red dots popped up everywhere. Find someone with a smartphone with a couple spare minutes, chances are they use maps.
__________________
Feral cat waterboarder
primer1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #68
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mrm14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sacramento, California
Posts: 2,514
Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i like the simple elegance of bolt actions. when i was very young, i spent many an hour looking at the beautiful rifles in my father's magazines that came every month, especially, The American Rifleman. the bolt actions captured my fancy and these were the years before the synthetic stocks. they were beautiful carved wood and blued metal and to me, works of art. to me, the bolt action was the rifleman's rifle.
I like the laser beam accuracy that can on only be had with a bolt action. To me, at this time in my life, it's more about what the projectile in flight does than the rifle. The platform (rifle) and it's design, second to the shooter, IMO, are the most critical elements when it comes to the flight of the projectile in regards to ultimate precision and accuracy.

For the level of precision and accuracy I need, the bolt action rifle is the only choice.
__________________
A good piece of glass is like a fine piece of ass. There is no known substitute known to man, and neither are cheap.
mrm14 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #69
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
longunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,174
Liked 188 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Never been there, the "app" is the smart phone application, or program, that phones use. I typed in your town, zoomed out, typed in gun stores, and red dots popped up everywhere. Find someone with a smartphone with a couple spare minutes, chances are they use maps.
Lol I know what an app is what I meant was whats it called
__________________
Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Savage Model 11
Saiga 7.62x39
Mossberg MVP Varmint
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2
53 Springfield M1 Garand
longunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #70
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
I like the laser beam accuracy that can on only be had with a bolt action. To me, at this time in my life, it's more about what the projectile in flight does than the rifle. The platform (rifle) and it's design, second to the shooter, IMO, are the most critical elements when it comes to the flight of the projectile in regards to ultimate precision and accuracy.

For the level of precision and accuracy I need, the bolt action rifle is the only choice.
i like slow and accurate shooting. and a bolt action fits these needs for me. i do like most any type of rifle and will shoot just about anything, but bolt actions are my favorite platform.

i like working on my bolt actions, trying to acheive even more accuracy potential out of them, and working up handloads that are tailored to just that particular rifle.
Axxe55 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
need advice on bolt action rifles malmais General Rifle Discussion 12 06-14-2013 06:24 PM
.22 lr single shot bolt action rifles? Gert999 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 36 01-03-2013 10:22 PM
lever action vs bolt action Zamzow General Rifle Discussion 14 06-11-2012 01:43 PM
What .22 bolt action rifles can i find at a gunshow? HGwarhawk .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 4 03-03-2012 03:35 PM
Questions regarding Glock 18's and bolt-action-rifles TXWolf23 Gunsmithing Forum 15 12-30-2011 04:23 PM



Newest Threads