Bolt Action Rifles. - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Bolt Action Rifles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 227 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Bolt guns are my favorite too, I used to be into AKs rifles when I was younger but when I started reloading I got into bolts and have never looked back. I have past just the shooting stage and have really started appreciating refinement, I am madly in love with my FN Model 70 Featherweight, it shoots as tight as my Savages and feels like a million bucks, everyone is telling me the Kimber/Cooper is even better and I am looking forward to finding out
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #62
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex-Predator View Post
Bolt guns are my favorite too, I used to be into AKs rifles when I was younger but when I started reloading I got into bolts and have never looked back. I have past just the shooting stage and have really started appreciating refinement, I am madly in love with my FN Model 70 Featherweight, it shoots as tight as my Savages and feels like a million bucks, everyone is telling me the Kimber/Cooper is even better and I am looking forward to finding out
i like the simple elegance of bolt actions. when i was very young, i spent many an hour looking at the beautiful rifles in my father's magazines that came every month, especially, The American Rifleman. the bolt actions captured my fancy and these were the years before the synthetic stocks. they were beautiful carved wood and blued metal and to me, works of art. to me, the bolt action was the rifleman's rifle.
People Like This 
Old 06-26-2013, 05:27 AM   #63

Liked 2483 Times on 1457 Posts
Likes Given: 568

My first gun was a JC Higgins .22 bolt action. So they just seem pretty natural to me.
People Like This 
Old 06-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2903 Times on 1890 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by longunner View Post

Yea I'm going to keep a watchful eye on armslist and see if I can't find some more gun stores that are near me. I like rifles that are beat up, it makes it more satisfying when you get them to look like they did the day the came from the factory. Plus then they have a little bit of personality
Precision armory @ lake caramel, collector rifle and ammo @ hopewell junction, cals sporting guns and ammo @ wappingers falls to name a few. Behold the map app of a smartphone!

Old 06-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #65
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3569 Times on 1719 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

Axxe & Friends,

Here are couple of my favorite Bolt Guns. The Remington 40X Custom Sniper Rifle (308) was in fact my Team Gun for several years. The other Remington 700 CDL 7MM Rem Mag. is my favorite hunting gun.

064356b-remington-40x.jpg   g6443764-remington-700cdl.jpg  

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 06-27-2013 at 03:18 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #66

Liked 188 Times on 149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1

Precision armory @ lake caramel, collector rifle and ammo @ hopewell junction, cals sporting guns and ammo @ wappingers falls to name a few. Behold the map app of a smartphone!
I have been meaning to go and check out collector rifle and ammo and cals sporting. I went to precision armory and I liked it and even made a purchase. Some of the guys I work with went up there a few weeks ago and they said they were asking 60$ for a brick of .22 ammo. I understand supply and demand but it drives me crazy to see people gouging prices. Have you been to any of them or did you just find them on the app (what is it by the way I definitely want to check it out )
Stag Model 2
Savage Model 11
Saiga 7.62x39
Mossberg MVP Varmint
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2
53 Springfield M1 Garand

Old 06-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2903 Times on 1890 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by longunner View Post

I have been meaning to go and check out collector rifle and ammo and cals sporting. I went to precision armory and I liked it and even made a purchase. Some of the guys I work with went up there a few weeks ago and they said they were asking 60$ for a brick of .22 ammo. I understand supply and demand but it drives me crazy to see people gouging prices. Have you been to any of them or did you just find them on the app (what is it by the way I definitely want to check it out )
Never been there, the "app" is the smart phone application, or program, that phones use. I typed in your town, zoomed out, typed in gun stores, and red dots popped up everywhere. Find someone with a smartphone with a couple spare minutes, chances are they use maps.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #68

Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i like the simple elegance of bolt actions. when i was very young, i spent many an hour looking at the beautiful rifles in my father's magazines that came every month, especially, The American Rifleman. the bolt actions captured my fancy and these were the years before the synthetic stocks. they were beautiful carved wood and blued metal and to me, works of art. to me, the bolt action was the rifleman's rifle.
I like the laser beam accuracy that can on only be had with a bolt action. To me, at this time in my life, it's more about what the projectile in flight does than the rifle. The platform (rifle) and it's design, second to the shooter, IMO, are the most critical elements when it comes to the flight of the projectile in regards to ultimate precision and accuracy.

For the level of precision and accuracy I need, the bolt action rifle is the only choice.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #69

Liked 188 Times on 149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Never been there, the "app" is the smart phone application, or program, that phones use. I typed in your town, zoomed out, typed in gun stores, and red dots popped up everywhere. Find someone with a smartphone with a couple spare minutes, chances are they use maps.
Lol I know what an app is what I meant was whats it called
Stag Model 2
Savage Model 11
Saiga 7.62x39
Mossberg MVP Varmint
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2
53 Springfield M1 Garand

Old 06-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #70
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
I like the laser beam accuracy that can on only be had with a bolt action. To me, at this time in my life, it's more about what the projectile in flight does than the rifle. The platform (rifle) and it's design, second to the shooter, IMO, are the most critical elements when it comes to the flight of the projectile in regards to ultimate precision and accuracy.

For the level of precision and accuracy I need, the bolt action rifle is the only choice.
i like slow and accurate shooting. and a bolt action fits these needs for me. i do like most any type of rifle and will shoot just about anything, but bolt actions are my favorite platform.

i like working on my bolt actions, trying to acheive even more accuracy potential out of them, and working up handloads that are tailored to just that particular rifle.
People Like This