BNZ 98k rifle
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

BNZ 98k rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 02:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default BNZ 98k rifle

I recently received a rifle from a customer for trade-out of services. I have a BNZ 43 mauser 98k rifle, all matching ser# 13xx including the stock.The only mismatch is the hand guard. WA623 The barrel has a w in a circle and Bo. The bluing and wood is about 97%. There is no rust or dings. When I say matching i have found sixteen parts with the same ser# including the complete bolt. The only missing part is the wiper. This rifle is not for sale, but I need to know its value. Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance-Marty

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-23-2011, 03:42 AM   #2

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Welcome, Marty. Can you post some pics? How's the bore? Is it import marked?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #3

Tnak you for the welcome, Im also an NRA life member. I dont have a digital camra so thereare no pictures at this point. The bore is exl and I can not say this rifle was dropped one time.,it really look as if it went from garrison duty to G.I. duffle bag and I might say carefully. There no import marks as I was told it was a VET bring back. When first saw the rifle I thought it was from Mitchell Arms but it isnt.Thanks again-Marty

Old 03-23-2011, 07:06 PM   #4

Marty, I recently (last year) sold a beautiful (85%) 1943 Mauser to a friend for $350. Mine was not import marked, and was all matching, with the original sling. I probably undersold it, but he is a very good friend.

Let me check some prices and get back to you, but I'm sure others will be along soon to render help.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-26-2011, 12:00 AM   #5

Default BNZ mauser rifle

Hey people, first I'm not a computer person, this is the first time I'm using a thread to communicate and ask questions. If I have violated some protocol I am sorry. I am an avid gun collector, shoot rifle and pistol every week and reload all my own ammunition, as well as supply other members of my gun club. Be kind Marty

Old 03-26-2011, 03:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty View Post
Hey people, first I'm not a computer person, this is the first time I'm using a thread to communicate and ask questions. If I have violated some protocol I am sorry. I am an avid gun collector, shoot rifle and pistol every week and reload all my own ammunition, as well as supply other members of my gun club. Be kind Marty
Marty, you only have 3 posts. And, so far, I'm the only one who has replied. Not sure why you think you may have violated any protocols. And I always try to be kind and helpful.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 03-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #7

Liked 783 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 847

A few questions. I will play nice! BNZ 43 is not an odd or hard to find K98k, it is one of the more common. Your rifle was made at the Steyr plant. If it is not a Yugo capture (the soviets never match) it would be in the 450.00....700.00 range. Is there a number stamped on the buttstock?? Is the stock solid wood or a laminate? I do beleive there were a small number of BNZ rifles that have Elm stocks, those are worth a little more. Pics sure would help. It should have a cupped buttplate.