Better .338 Lupa? Armalite AR-30 or SAKO TRG-42 - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Better .338 Lupa? Armalite AR-30 or SAKO TRG-42

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 09:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I am not saying Barrett is a bad gun. It is not. I think you are paying a lot for the Name why because every UBER Mall Ninja Tacticool idiot with money wants one because the military has them. just because the military has it doesn't mean it is god gift to the shooting world. Remember your paying a higher price for a Barrett because they are charging the govt a fraction of that.

the govt get bids and who ever comes in the lowest wins. Even with weapon systems.
unless its a toilet seat or a hammer

Old 06-20-2010, 11:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
i'd go with the armilite...just because its cheaper,built just as good as any other and will shoot better than you can...whats stronger,better made, more accurate, then the barrett model 99?...what about the McMillan TAC-50
"stronger"- have you ever compared the bolt lock mechanism on the two guns?

"better made"- have you ever compared the weight of the two guns?

"more accurate"- did you know that with the barrett you can put a adjustable triggers out of an ar-15?

Ya you might get your ar-50 it for cheaper but you get what you pay for.

The armilite ar-50 comes with nothing!! it comes as is with no case, no bipod, no scope base, no scope rings, no scope! the bolt locking mechanism on the ar-50 is weak looking and the gun its self is extremely heavy!

The barrett model 99 comes with a hard case, a bipod, scope base, scope rings, a very nice bushnell elite 3200 10x scope and it is an extremely good feeling gun to shot! The barrett is ALOT lighter then the armilite 50 and the bolt locking mechanism is extremely heavy duty on the barrett! look at both sides before you argue for one

Old 06-21-2010, 12:37 AM   #23

Quote:
everytime i see or here someone says the name 'barrett' i think of this pic
but that isnt a model 99 its a the model 82A1 which is a semi auto. i know nothing about this model it is to expensive for me and when my barrett fund says $4200 i will own a model 99!

Old 06-21-2010, 01:00 AM   #24

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

OMG we all know you have a hard-on for a barrett.

This is startign to sound like another Cmike here.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:02 AM   #25

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

im not going to argue about which 50 or any other gun is better...i just gave my opinion 'for the money & value' of inexperienced long range shooter...there really is no reason for someone just starting out to spend that kind of money on a long range rifle.''IMO''...thats all im sayingif ya got the beans to buy top of the line & thats what you got your heart set on...by all means,dont let me change your mind. i dont want to get into which brand name is better...but come to think about it...bolt on ar50 has 3 lugs-which is pretty standard on most well built 50's (so ive been told)...dont know about the barrett?
weight...well i would think when shooting a round that holds as much powder as a grenade that close to my face...to me,more weight (more mass) around the receiver/barrel is a good thing?...it only weighs 34lbs...when shooting long range,will you be shooting off hand at your targets 1000yds out?
trigger-Schilen Standard Single Stage...not the best but...anything could be made better
as far as no accessories...that tells me im getting more 'rifle' then cup cakes & duct tape
i dont own either...but if i could & money was no object i'd go with the AW50 or the EDM arms model 05...i can only wish in one hand & sh$t in the other,then guess which one will fill up first

Old 06-21-2010, 01:02 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshfireart View Post
unless its a toilet seat or a hammer
What ever Go play with your Army men and let the MEN talk about guns.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:04 AM   #27

Quote:
im not going to argue about which 50 or any other gun is better...i just gave my opinion 'for the money & value' of inexperienced long range shooter...there really is no reason for someone just starting out to spend that kind of money on a long range rifle.''IMO''...thats all im sayingif ya got the beans to buy top of the line & thats what you got your heart set on...by all means,dont let me change your mind. i dont want to get into which brand name is better...but come to think about it...bolt on ar50 has 3 lugs-which is pretty standard on most well built 50's (so ive been told)...dont know about the barrett?
weight...well i would think when shooting a round that holds as much powder as a grenade that close to my face...to me,more weight (more mass) around the receiver/barrel is a good thing?...it only weighs 34lbs...when shooting long range,will you be shooting off hand at your targets 1000yds out?
trigger-Schilen Standard Single Stage...not the best but...anything could be made better
as far as no accessories...that tells me im getting more 'rifle' then cup cakes & duct tape
i dont own either...but if i could & money was no object i'd go with the AW50 or the EDM arms model 05...i can only wish in one hand & sh$t in the other,then guess which one will fill up first
Quoted for the dam truth right there.

Great post LAW.....