Best Sniper Rifle.. Caliber? - Page 27
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Best Sniper Rifle.. Caliber?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 08:17 PM   #261
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY View Post
~snip~ That being said I would have enjoyed an open discussion bringing in many areas of "best" but then got into personal attacks on people's "credentials" and turned into a mess.
Roger...Dodger....FLY, I will agree. Now it's calmed down, and a much better thread.....

BTW Trez......my second favorite is the 1903A4, something like you pictured before....

......either 2 or 4 grove, Lyman, Weaver or Unertl scope....my Chief Instructor is building a replica as we speak, he is working on the bolt (to clear the scope).......he has the replica stock, the 1903A3 barreled action (2 grove), original bases and split rings and the Weaver K4 scope.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #262

Liked 721 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 768

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSix View Post
Roger...Dodger....FLY, I will agree. Now it's calmed down, and a much better thread.....

BTW Trez......my second favorite is the 1903A4, something like you pictured before....

......either 2 or 4 grove, Lyman, Weaver or Unertl scope....my Chief Instructor is building a replica as we speak, he is working on the bolt (to clear the scope).......he has the replica stock, the 1903A3 barreled action (2 grove), original bases and split rings and the Weaver K4 scope.

Thats Awesome!! I wanna build my own '03 as well..... and not spend $10,000

Old 11-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #263

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Thats Awesome!! I wanna build my own '03 as well..... and not spend $10,000
I know just the guy who can get you some information and a final put-together price. He should have his done in a couple weeks. If you ever get up around Ben Avery range in Phoenix.....might even be able to hook up with you to take a few shots. I'll get some photos when he is done. It will not take 10K if you don't need everything authentic from the time period.