Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > best rifle in case of collapse of society

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #31
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default collaspe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
I did not intimate they were collapses in society but there have been incidents where the government has used force against civilians. The stage is currently set where the government can use military force to indefinitely incarcerate civilians which is contrary to the Constitution. See how long it takes to get it through SCOTUS when you dont have access to a lawyer. Aside from the Civil War there has never been this much instability in this country and the liberal government is very fearful of armed civil unrest and just because it has not happened does not mean it cant happen. We have a sitting government that has no respect or use for our Constitution and that is very dangerous.

I have asked for some specific facts, examples and incidents to substantiate what you have said and you can only provide me with opinions, generalities, and whims. And yes, you did imply that those examples you listed were in fact examples of "collaspes in society." Now you say they are not. I am still waiting for the name and the number of the actual law that was signed into law by congress limiting the people's right to protest.
cottontop
__________________
 
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
01hugo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 49
Default

So what's everyone's thoughts on the National Defence Authorization Act? How about all the other bills that have been popping up that our Nazi president so quickly signs in? It looks to me like the federal government is gearing up for a war here at home against its own citizens. What do you guys think?

__________________
01hugo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
01hugo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 49
Default

Oh, and my civil unrest rifle is a winny m94. Until I get my hands on 223 anyway....

__________________
01hugo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #34
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default what bills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01hugo View Post
So what's everyone's thoughts on the National Defence Authorization Act? How about all the other bills that have been popping up that our Nazi president so quickly signs in? It looks to me like the federal government is gearing up for a war here at home against its own citizens. What do you guys think?

What are "all of the other bills that have been popping up?" Name them. Give me the Senate and/or House bill numbers. And, who signed them? Facts please; not generalities.
cottontop
__________________
 
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wi_Hunter556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 194
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop

What are "all of the other bills that have been popping up?" Name them. Give me the Senate and/or House bill numbers. And, who signed them? Facts please; not generalities.
cottontop
You sound like one of his idiot supporters. Why don't you go on the google machine and check it out. Socialist/Marxist sums up just abouf everything about him.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams
__________________
Wi_Hunter556 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
redscho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Newberry,Florida
Posts: 295
Liked 94 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Any 22 repeating rifle/handgun and 2 or 3 bricks of CCI stingers.
Rifle and handgun taking same common ammuntion, KelTec Sub2000 9mm/Beretta 92F or .357 Magnum handgun/Marlin or Henry 357 rifle.
Anything chambered for .223.

__________________
redscho is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #37
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default collapse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Hunter556 View Post
You sound like one of his idiot supporters. Why don't you go on the google machine and check it out. Socialist/Marxist sums up just abouf everything about him.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams

This is an example of what I am trying to point out. I already know the answers to these questions. The answer is that there are no such laws or bills. What I personally believe is not the issue. I am not the one making these whimsical statements that I cannot back up with hard core proof. What is socialist or Marxist about Obama? I have never heard him advocate any of those philosophies. Please answer with specific facts and not emotion.

The National Defense Authorization Act was passed to prevent terrorists from infiltrating our country and harming our citizens. What is wrong with that? I don't want to be in a government building that is blown up by some terrorist because that act was not in place. You have unjustly called me an idiot where I have not resorted to any derrogatory immature name calling. I am only asking for facts and after several posts no one has been able to give me any.
cottontop
__________________
 
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
09,

As *Cane stated the rifle that you have the most rounds for. My choice without reservation would be the AR-15 Rifle with an ample supply of 5.56 or 223 Rounds. Preloaded in magazines!
There are a lot of reasons for my determination.
1. A good AR-15 Rifle is very reliable
2. The AR Rifle is very accurate
3. It is easy to clean and keep running
4. There are literaly thousands of them out there accounting for those obtainable from Military,Law Enforcement and the civilian population.
5. Parts are readily available
6. Large quantities of ammunition can be stored in 30 round magazines
7. Reloading is the quickest of most all rifles
8. Volume of fire is as good as it gets for semi-auto rifles
9. Wear on the AR is minimal compared to amount of rounds fired
10. An AR pointed at you with a 30 Round Magazine in it is pretty intimidation and should be!

Just some reasons why I would prefer a good AR Rifle or two with me if the SHTF. Also I would have a good pistol 45 ACP or at least 9MM along for the ride.

03
+1 on the above.
__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #39
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,648
Liked 6949 Times on 4180 Posts
Likes Given: 8360

Default

I don't have a rifle.

__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wi_Hunter556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 194
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop

This is an example of what I am trying to point out. I already know the answers to these questions. The answer is that there are no such laws or bills. What I personally believe is not the issue. I am not the one making these whimsical statements that I cannot back up with hard core proof. What is socialist or Marxist about Obama? I have never heard him advocate any of those philosophies. Please answer with specific facts and not emotion.

The National Defense Authorization Act was passed to prevent terrorists from infiltrating our country and harming our citizens. What is wrong with that? I don't want to be in a government building that is blown up by some terrorist because that act was not in place. You have unjustly called me an idiot where I have not resorted to any derrogatory immature name calling. I am only asking for facts and after several posts no one has been able to give me any.
cottontop
Spread the wealth? Or his healthcare plan?

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams
__________________
Wi_Hunter556 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Soft Rifle Case BTI AR-15 Discussion 10 03-05-2012 09:16 PM
Long rifle case recommendation? killerhertz Firearm Accessories & Gear 5 08-05-2011 02:49 AM
CZ 452 Lux - Rifle Case Recommendations needed bf109 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 7 11-08-2010 03:38 AM
What is your favorite rifle gun case? treejohnny Firearm Accessories & Gear 10 08-01-2010 03:02 PM
Daisy Heddon V/L 22 case less rifle ramurred .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 1 08-07-2009 03:12 AM



Newest Threads