best rifle in case of collapse of society - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > best rifle in case of collapse of society

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 01:37 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
You obviously missed last nights episode of The Walking Dead. Not all shotguns have 20-30 round tubes
I noticed that. It gave me a good laugh. It was also convenient how they all just happened to show up at the highway at the exact same time.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 03-21-2012, 02:55 AM   #92

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

A marksman/survivalist is not decided by his/her gear but the skill he or she shows with that gear. Like me my gun is the old fashion SKS I can drop alot of things with it have a simple Chinese stripper clip chest rig , and are very proficient with them so do you get what I'm saying guys?

Old 03-21-2012, 03:04 AM   #93

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaster456 View Post
I noticed that. It gave me a good laugh. It was also convenient how they all just happened to show up at the highway at the exact same time.
It's a good show but some of the smaller details like a 100 round pump shotgun make me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithKid308 View Post
A marksman/survivalist is not decided by his/her gear but the skill he or she shows with that gear. Like me my gun is the old fashion SKS I can drop alot of things with it have a simple Chinese stripper clip chest rig , and are very proficient with them so do you get what I'm saying guys?
Good gear can make a good marksman/survivalist even better.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-21-2012, 03:06 AM   #94

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Good gear can make a good marksman/survivalist even better.
I know that but it's not a necessity to have top of the line gear and not know how to use it

Old 03-21-2012, 03:12 AM   #95

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithKid308
I know that but it's not a necessity to have top of the line gear and not know how to use it
Very true ...

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-21-2012, 03:19 AM   #96

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:

Very true ...
You may have an AR AK or favorite gun other than that and be very proficient with it. But what about your gear have you done an actual run with your gear on ? Me I live in KY and put on my equipment and then my ammo vest and gun then go hunting in it and walk from my cabin to my "Bug Out" location it's about a mile father up but I'm very confident with my equipment. And I'm not saying your not but you if you can go with basic equipment you can go even better with more advanced gear. This is to the OP get something that's comfortable for your area, and you go through stages those will be in the next post ...

Old 03-21-2012, 03:24 AM   #97

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

The stages I use on new gear are
1 gather basic knowledge on your gear
2 comfortably use it , fire it what ever ya know just get comfortable with it
3 Master it be productive and proficient with it and learn it's operations like on a gun make it an extension of you learn to clean it field strip , clear jams , and load quickly
4 maintain your learned skills you can't practice it for months and then quit and come back and have the same results as you did before you quit Practicing

Old 03-21-2012, 03:30 AM   #98

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

You're absolutely correct. Always have goals and train to reach those goals. Never become stagnant. We are on the same page.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 03-21-2012, 03:31 AM   #99

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
You're absolutely correct. Always have goals and train to reach those goals. Never become stagnant. We are on the same page.
Ok I hope some other people are in the same frame of mind

Old 03-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #100
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1831 Times on 1306 Posts
Likes Given: 2070

Default More buck for the dollar......

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Cattle;
You were serious! Sorry. The .22 Mag is a different size/shape case in all dimensions than a .22 LR. Even the bullet dia. is .001 wider. Note that using a .22 LR in a .22 Mag technically may well leak gas, may rupture the slightly smaller case, and will leave fouling at the throat so is not as accurate and officially only the approproiately identified calliber should be used in any firearm.

Now a reminder about the premise of the post: best rifle (naturally turns to caliber). And, on que, we see ".22 LR people" defending the weakest round when nothing but a few cents and lack of logic keeps them parroting and stops them from upgrading. They get defensive like the .22 LR was named by them...

I try to keep things simple. .22 Mag: twice as nice for three-halfs the price!

Maybe a "gook" will help Willshoum figure that out...
Only time will tell, when your trying to lug around all that gold and lead..... And don't forget what they said about fixt positions be over run......The military during the nam war actually left ammo behind that was hot and would explode in the ak 47... something in the neighborhood of one in 500 rounds.......I lost relatives in ww1, ww11 the korean war, viet nam, iraq, and afsewerstan, and i'm sure that I'll lose more in the years to come.....By the by why would a soldier in nam use a 12 ga. shot gun against an ak 47......Sure as hell it it for 100 yard shots..........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........