The Best Guns Ever
This might comes as a shock but I really like guns. The problem is that there are so many and I want them all, and that is a problem. I decided years ago that I am not a collector of anything because there is no end to collecting, but there is an end to how much space I've got and how much money I have. That especially applies to guns. At the same time life is short and I really like guns. How I finally decided to remedy this situation was to create a list of the different types of guns and decide what the best gun is based on the type. I would then eventually get one that made the top of the list for each category. That way I could have a lot of different guns but there would be a limit to my collection. So now when I'm at a gun show or wherever I only look for guns that are on the list.
Just creating the list and deciding what the best is was actually a lot of fun, and since there are others here that also really like guns I thought it would be fun to have a discussion about the list and the rifles in each category. And I think I posted the list sometime back to see if I was missing any obvious category? But I don't think the rifles that made the list were ever really discussed. What I would like to do now is just see if I'm missing anything obvious on categories and then discuss each rifle in a separate thread. I would really be interested in why others arrive at a different "best" rifle for each category.
So here is what I have:
1. Best Rifle Ever
2. Best Bolt Action Hunting Rifle
3. Best Semi Auto Hunting Rifle
4. Best Bolt Action Battle Rifle
5. Best Semi Auto Battle Rifle
6. Best Carbine
7. Best Battle Carbine
8. Best Lever Action
9. Best Pump Action
10. Best Single Shot
11. Best Double rifle (which will cost more than I'll pay for a rifle:eek:)
11. Best Sniper Rifle
I know there are some unique categories not included like rifles built like revolvers, but I felt like this list covered most common rifles out there along with their intended use. And this list is for production centerfire rifles only. So am I missing anything obvious? :)
You're going to get a million different answers but I'll say my all time favorite rifle is the M1 Garand.
But what I'm wondering about right now is the list itself? Am I missing any thing here? For example I just realized that I don't have a category for best Varmint rifle. I don't shoot Varmints so I didn't think about it, but that has become so popular that it probably should be a category? :confused:
IMHO, there's so much personalized taste.
I'm pretty much a milsurp collector.
As for categories 11.a & 11.b, I'm just a
po' boy, I can't afford that sh!t.
Many of us have 22LRs, there's really no niche.
1. Best Rifle Ever- Ruger 10/22 Takedown- Case included, SS, 22LR, noob
friendly, great varminter, scope-ready. This little pisher kicks ass.
2. Best Bolt Action Hunting rifle- in my neck-'O-the-woods, for
wild boar-Mosin-M44. 7.62X54R in soft nosed hunting tips.
3. Best Semi Auto Hunting rifle--M16A2 in 5.56-22 magnum has never been
better, or more accurate.
4. Best Bolt Action Battle Rifle--Springfield '03A3--in 30.06.
5. Best Semi-Auto Battle Rifle-M1 Garand--in 30.06
6. Best Carbine--Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifle--.223/5.56
7. Best Battle Carbine--SKS with folding stock--7.62X39
8.Best Lever Action- Marlin 1894--in .44 Rem. Mag.-because, here
in South Florida, when you step outside, you enter the food
9. Best Pump Action-Mossy 500, or Rem 870.
10. What's a "single shot" :confused:
YMMV, just the ravings of an opinionated NFL fan...
1. Best Rifle (um akm 47 imo)
2. Best Bolt Action Hunting Rifle (Remington 700 in 3006)
3. Best Semi Auto Hunting Rifle (Some form of the AR platform)
4. Best Bolt Action Battle Rifle (Springfield 19 03a3)
5. Best Semi Auto Battle Rifle (M1 grand)
6. Best Carbine(Ruger 1022)
7. Best Battle Carbine (M1 carbine 30 cal)
8. Best Lever Action (A Winchester in 357 magnum)
9. Best Pump Action(Remington 870)
10. Best Single Shot (I would be stepping into 50 BMG again unknown)
11. Best Double rifle Unknown
11. Best Sniper Rifle ( the Remington 700) is technically the M 24 sniper (rifle system)
You forgot target rifles!
No comment on your list as we have little in common.
The best guns ever are mine, for the sole reason that I own them. I'm sure most people feel this way.
In all fairness, you have to assign a time frame to you list. While the Garand was the finest rifle of WWII, it would be an Albatross on the battlefield today. The O3 Springfield or the Mauser it was copied from would have held the slot for WWI. As far as pistols, there is only one that covers a hundred years of great service. (hint: it ain;t a Glock)
I don't have opinions about all of those categories.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 11:55 AM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.