Best bolt-action - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Best bolt-action

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Sweet haha, what do you hunt? :P and actually i always found those thumbhole ones interesting, are they comfortable?

Old 08-09-2011, 12:38 AM   #12

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Rabbits, birds, Whitetail, Moose, Elk...
My sons is very comfortable. It has a Boyds Varmint stock on it. They give a little more control.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:51 AM   #13

Oh ha so anything really :P and good to know and this is probably off the point but i was practicing with my air rifle today (just having fun, gun control is too strict for anything else) and i could not figure out a way to shoot without moving when i pull the trigger, it wa really infuriating and as i am the only one with any interest at all in firearms near me i had noone to ask so do you have any tips? (it kept moving right a far as i can remember, and i am right handed)

Old 08-09-2011, 12:54 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5671 Times on 2962 Posts
Likes Given: 375

ive owned several remingtons currently have a winchester mod 70 springfield 1903a3 and two mosin 91/30.

i would have to say my favorite is my 1944 mosin PU sniper

yes that black and white fur on the right is a real skunk skin hat i wear in the winter

before i cleaned the cosmo off the scope. on my particular scope the year of manufacture is the first two digits of the serial number. made in Factory 297 located in Yoshkar-Ola. it still had the original dessicant paper put there by the soviet aresanal workers in 1964. the 1964r with the box and x in the center is the arsenal stamp when the rifle was gone over by soviet workers before being crated and not used until this year when i purchased it.

i love this rifle by far my favorite.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 08-09-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:57 AM   #15

That looks like a very nice gun, and i like the history, its like icing on the cake how much did it set you back?

Old 08-09-2011, 12:59 AM   #16

And ha love the hat, its a lot better than just being like everyone else :P haha bet it looks class

Old 08-09-2011, 01:29 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaeilgeoir View Post
That looks like a very nice gun, and i like the history, its like icing on the cake how much did it set you back?
i think i paid 650 for it. its a real one not a toss together.

Quote:
And ha love the hat, its a lot better than just being like everyone else :P haha bet it looks class
ya its pretty sweet. got it from a fur trader at a gunshow. its hand stitched with sinew and a flanel lining. it has the skunk face in the front. i get a ton of comments. people generally love it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-09-2011, 02:33 AM   #18

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
What are people's opinion? Overall, or do one for each kind of caliber range (ie. small 22lr up to big game cartridges). Just thought id see people's ideas
I have a lot of perfect rifles (well perfect for me) but there is one production rifle that if someone was not making it as a catalogued item I would have had it built. That is my Kimber M84 in 7mm-08. As far as I'm concerned it is quite possibly the most perfect hunting rifle in the world. Ultralight, very accurate and just a pleasure to shoot and carry all day. Mine wears a Kahles 2-7 scope on Aluminum Talley rings/bases (it had Kimber rings and bases in this picture but those are gone in favor of the lower weight Talleys). Weight is a hair over 6 pounds.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:54 AM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Personally i cant stand kimber but that is a very pretty stock.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:58 AM   #20

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Personally i cant stand kimber but that is a very pretty stock.
Why? Just curious...

Thanks for the compliment on the stock.