Best .22 rifle scope - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Best .22 rifle scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
muliemaster

Not everone wants to spend more dollars for a diminished returns. If I can take my wifes 10/22 semi custom and shoot .3/8" and maybe less at 50 yard with wolf ammo and a centerpoint scope for the last 2 1/2 years it can't be to darn bad. Even repeteable moveing from 25 to 100 yard and back . Is the centerpoint top flight , no but it does serve well for the needs of the better than average shooter.

If if someone wants a step up, a mueller will do fine for less money than your luppy or vort choice. The mueller apv is a very solid pick for some very accurate shooters, hunting or the range. It does cost a bit more money but still not near the price of a bottom end end luppy or vortex???. I would reather spen money on a redfield than the priced higher luppy. get real.
http://muelleroptics.com/mapv451440
or
http://muelleroptics.com/mu3940igr

If you want better yet by a sightron SIII 8-32 . Even better optics than leupolds high end target scopes. its only money right.
Whats your point??? I could care less about what you want to spend, also read before u pop off ja, i said i would rather spend more for better optics, as far as leupold i damn well know there are better scopes out there, i have better. If you want a cheap centerpoint then so be it guy but dont try to pop off about my post unless u read it all

Old 07-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #12

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
muliemaster

Not everone wants to spend more dollars for a diminished returns. If I can take my wifes 10/22 semi custom and shoot .3/8" and maybe less at 50 yard with wolf ammo and a centerpoint scope for the last 2 1/2 years it can't be to darn bad. Even repeteable moveing from 25 to 100 yard and back . Is the centerpoint top flight , no but it does serve well for the needs of the better than average shooter.

If if someone wants a step up, a mueller will do fine for less money than your luppy or vort choice. The mueller apv is a very solid pick for some very accurate shooters, hunting or the range. It does cost a bit more money but still not near the price of a bottom end end luppy or vortex???. I would reather spen money on a redfield than the priced higher luppy. get real.
http://muelleroptics.com/mapv451440
or
http://muelleroptics.com/mu3940igr

If you want better yet by a sightron SIII 8-32 . Even better optics than leupolds high end target scopes. its only money right.
Oh yea i forgot, get real

Old 07-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Go to the gun shop. Start at your price range. Pick up and look through all the scopes that meet what your looking for and see what looks the best to you and your sight. Everyones vision and opinions are a little different. Take there opinionns into consideration but in the end go with what fits you best. But i do have to agree most of the time you get what you pay for. Ive learned that lesson alot. Just my two cents. Good luck

Old 07-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #14

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts

+1 for the Centerpoint. I'm about to put one on my Savage Axis .308. The only people who I've ever heard speak poorly of them are "oddly" ones who have never owned one.

If you can afford leupold or better, good for you!!! For the other 75% of us these days, we need to find a scope that costs less than a month's house payment.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #15

Liked 1875 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 1420

I don't know if this would work for you, or with scopes, but this is a procedure that's been beneficial to me when deciding on purchases.

Instead of comparing items in my price range to each other, I compare items in my price range to the best item in the category. It's worked for me with speakers, furniture, cameras & lenses, and other items. You'll quickly see what design & manufacturing choices were made to achieve a price point with the least compromise in quality, and what were made just to separate you from your money. In many cases under mild conditions it will be hard to tell a difference in performance if not features. It's at the extremes where items of high quality tend to show their worth; low light, prolonged heavy duty use, etc. Mid-day bench rest range competition is different than hunting during winter at twilight three days in. You can judge yourself how likely you'll be using the item under which conditions. Sometimes the warranty is a good guide to determine which similarly priced item is more robust.

Last edited by Vincine; 07-22-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #16

Liked 280 Times on 221 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Muley whats your point? Your the one the one that started off by being an ass in post #7. Instead of just stateing your choice and going on. You are the one that started the BS. Others don't have opinions too. Not in your little world I guess. All you did was show your foolishness and stupidity.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:13 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 196

for that application the center point would be great. i have a good friend who has 2. really dont know about putting it on a bigger centerfire than a 223 though. did hear you good take them back to wally no questions asked.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:26 AM   #18

Liked 304 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Good guns deserve good glass. Putting a Barska or Centerpoint on a 541 is just classless.
I wouldn't put on anything less than a 3-9X AO Leupold EFR. And yeah, I had one.
But when I had my 541T-HB it wore a 4-12X Leupold with AO. I'm not a target knob guy, am a set it and forget it. My 541T was a varmint killing machine with that Leupold on it.

It was 5 yrs ago, but I got my 3-9X EFR used off Fleabay for $215. It was a good hunting scope, but for paper past 50 yards I like 12X.

When I find a decent shape Rem 582 walnut it'll get a new EFR 3-9X on it (sold mine on my little 600 in .243)

Last edited by Hookeye; 07-23-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:37 AM   #19

Liked 304 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Buy a good scope, and put it in good rings (like Burris Posi lines).
That way if you want to sell the gun, or want to move scopes around (maybe for accuracy testing if of higher mag than the end use hunting scope)...........nothing gets boogered up.

Buy decent glass up front.

Better to only cry once.

Do think folks can scale it back based on the platform...........kinda silly to put a $$$$ scope on a beater, but if the beater shoots good then that would IMHO be justification enough.

Unfortunately some of the makers of decent lower prices scopes of the past have relocated manufacturing to China and their QC sucks.

I cannot recommend anything Bushnell Banner series or even the Redfield Revenge line (Phillipino manufacture the latter). The Revolution series by Redfield is OK, a little odd in some ways...........but they don't make a rimfire or AO version at this time.

So for a fixed power, at decent price, I'd opt for a VX1 rimfire Leupold. I've heard they dropped their VX1 line and there may be some deals at wholesalers, if any remain.

On the OP's 541, I'd go 2-7X if standard bbl. For a HB I'd go with a bigger scope of AO and higher mag. A 4-12X AO leupold looks dang good on a T-HB.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #20

Wow! Thanks for all the input and advice. I went down to our local Bass Pro and after comparing a lot of optics, I decided on the Leupold VX-1 in 3-9. Mounted it on Redfield rings. It looks and shoots great on my Remington 541 Sporter.