Best .204?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Best .204?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Best .204?

I'm looking to fill the empty .22 spot I have with a .204.
I'm considering either a tikka or sako, having shot various Remington and Winchester rifles in various cailbers, I much prefrer the tikka action and all round better build quality. Has anyone got a .204 in a tikka or sako? What are your thoughts? Have heard good things about certain savage model rifles, but have zero experience shooting any. It will be main target and varmint gun, so the added weight of a heavier barrel and bigger optics don't bother me much at all. Any thoughts or comments would be helpful.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21987 Times on 12397 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_andonovski View Post
I'm looking to fill the empty .22 spot I have with a .204.
I'm considering either a tikka or sako, having shot various Remington and Winchester rifles in various cailbers, I much prefrer the tikka action and all round better build quality. Has anyone got a .204 in a tikka or sako? What are your thoughts? Have heard good things about certain savage model rifles, but have zero experience shooting any. It will be main target and varmint gun, so the added weight of a heavier barrel and bigger optics don't bother me much at all. Any thoughts or comments would be helpful.
i have the 204 in a Remington M700 w/ the light weight varminter 26" varminter barrel. very accurate! some will say the 204 is niche round, looking to fit in. personally i like the 204 and have lots of fun shooting it. i also reload a lot of rounds for it.

either one of your choices would be great in the 204. either one would make a great varmint rifle and should be pretty dang accurate. depends on what's available where you live and how much they cost. both are very well built rifles with excellent reputations for build quality.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:35 AM   #3

You might also consider a Ruger.
cottontop