Bench rest
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Bench rest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Default Bench rest

I am looking to purchase a bench rest/vice. What do you guys got? Any advice to a fellow member looking to gain some information before spending the cash? Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-08-2011, 03:27 AM   #2

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

For shooting I have a Caldwell Lead Sled Solo, that has a curved support to allow using a 30 mag without hitting the bench. You need to add sandbags or weight because it will jump using an AR.

I also have the Caldwell Rock Jr which allows more movement when sighting. It can also be used with a handgun.

I don't have a bench vise, but the Tiptons are decent from what I've heard.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:31 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I use a fold out table and some sand bags every now and again I use sand sock just in front of the rear sling swivel. I tried a lead sled but I didn't like it, with sand bags it allows me to feel all the recoil, and I still need to use all my fundamentals. Because the rifle is more free to move around.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."