Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Ballistics Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 12:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default Ballistics Software

I have been looking at putting together the ultimate SHTF field ballistics computer. Truth be told, I have been looking at doing for about a year and a half, but I haven't pulled the trigger as of yet. I want something durable, rugged, water "resistant" and something that can get me on target, no matter what if I do my part.

Now, immediately in the forefront of most people's minds would be the Chey-Tac "Intervention" System. It's a great system, but they know it, they are in financial trouble and it's over a couple hundred just for the software. Ouch.

Now, I have been reading about ballistics and one name keeps popping up, Art Pejsa.

Apparently this guy is the grand master of ballistics after having cracked a mathematical formula that has existed, pretty much forever. According to all published reports, this guys' software is "THE" stuff to have. And, it's only $39.95.

My question to you guys is - has anyone used it yet and what are your thoughts? We had a trial version in the shop for awhile, but that was over 2 year's ago and my memory of it was that it was a little difficult to use, but seemed to work good.

I am also soliciting suggestions for a system to run it, but I am heavily leaning towards the Palm Z22.

Any thoughts would be appreciated -

Thanks in advance,

JD

Last edited by Dillinger; 06-20-2008 at 12:22 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I don't have any experience with that software, but at that price I would defiantly be willing to check it out. If you do get in to it again, let me know how it goes. I think having a complete ballistics computer on a Palm type device would be the cats ;-).