Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Back Online With My Big 8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 12:50 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post
Is it comparable to a 31/2inch turkey load from a mossberg 835?
Not at all, I shoot 3 1/2" loads from my Mossberg and it kicks a lot worse than my 8mm Rem Mag.
Not everyone has a chronograph, but everyone has a wish list in their head. There are plenty of niches to be filled in my life. They all start with "I want this." and need no real reason for existing.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:13 AM   #12

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I can handle 31/2 not my favorite shells to shoot but they ain't horrible but I might have to look at that one I seen at the gun shop a little closer how much would you say it cost for you to load a basic round

Old 12-30-2012, 03:17 AM   #13

Quote:
I can handle 31/2 not my favorite shells to shoot but they ain't horrible but I might have to look at that one I seen at the gun shop a little closer how much would you say it cost for you to load a basic round
No different than loading for most magnums. You use more powder with the big magnums and just depends on what bullet you want to use, but it is a lot cheaper than buying ammo. If you are worried about the cost of reloading the 8mm Rem Mag you don't need to buy that 800.00 rifle. If you can afford the rifle you can afford the initial outlay for reloading. Don't worry about the cost if you want an 8mm Rem mag. You buy a sports car the insurance is more and when you buy a magnum, ammo and loading your own is more than standard rounds.

I know one thing, you will get a kick out shooting the Big 8 and it is a deadly cartridge on game, up close or far off. Let me know if you get it.
Not everyone has a chronograph, but everyone has a wish list in their head. There are plenty of niches to be filled in my life. They all start with "I want this." and need no real reason for existing.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:57 AM   #14

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I'm not worry about how much reloading for it is goin to be because I already have all the reloading tools and it will only be used for hunting season and few range days in the summer and the only reason I'm able to get the rifle is because my mom owns me a new deer rifle for get rid of my Belgium made browning bar when I was in california visiting family but I really want one because you never really here about people having them

Old 12-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #15

Quote:
I'm not worry about how much reloading for it is goin to be because I already have all the reloading tools and it will only be used for hunting season and few range days in the summer and the only reason I'm able to get the rifle is because my mom owns me a new deer rifle for get rid of my Belgium made browning bar when I was in california visiting family but I really want one because you never really here about people having them
I hear yeah. Well I hope you can get it.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #16

Well finally got to where I need to be. Reduced my load to get around 2920fps so the Sierra SBT would function better terminally. Average velocity was 2917fps, 12 extreme spread and 5 deviation.

Fired three fouling rounds that were the rounds I fired yesterday that were 3002fps then fired three of my reduced charges and I can settle for this for hunting the rest of my season. Been a long haul with this rifle but finally here.

Fouling rounds

Reduced rounds averaging 2917fps

Will let everyone know if I get something with the 8mm Rem Mag.

Last edited by bullet; 01-01-2013 at 01:49 PM.