Auto vs Classic

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Auto vs Classic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Auto vs Classic

I was wondering, since people don't typically hunt with AR's and AK's but with 30-30's and 30-06, what kind of gun is a balance between the two kinds?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-08-2007, 11:49 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I know a lot of people who use AR's for hunting, state laws on capacity and what not play a big hand in what is used.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 10-09-2007, 01:06 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I've got an M1A on order that I intend to hunt pigs with. It's pretty crucial that you be able to follow up quickly on those guys should your first shot not drop them.

I know a couple of guys that were out in the woods screwing around one weekend and got cornered by a large boar. It ran them into their pickup bed, but it couldn't make it up there itself. They proceeded to empty several magazines worth or 9mm and .40 S&W into it's skull and did absolutely no damage to it. They had to crawl into the cab of the truck through the split rear window and drive off. They came back the next day and couldn't find any sign that it was injured. There were a few drops of blood where the confrontation happened, but no trail.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:41 AM   #4

Default Auto loader

Remington 7400 would be my choice, in 30-06

If you run your just going to die tired!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 05:44 AM   #5

What about the Browning BAR rifles. They are a bit pricey but if you ever see one they are very nice.

See ya,
Rod

Old 10-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Bar

The browning bar rifles are great rifles and worth every penny. I have had remington 740/742/7400 rifles numbering in dozens in for repair over the years,usually due to gas system functioning. Hopefully that will be cured in the redesigned model 750 as the gas port is closer to chamber for more consistant pressures. In the 26+ years as gunsmith,I have NEVER had a bar in for functioning problems-only cosmetic refinishing.