"Assault Weapons" as Pistols
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > "Assault Weapons" as Pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default "Assault Weapons" as Pistols

States and towns are different from each other, and the Federal laws for handguns are also different than they are for longuns.

What if particularly the national regulations somehow defined "Assault Weapons" and made the rules for them effectively the same as for pistols? State and local jurisdictions would have to treat them as they do handguns going forward as a result as well.

What would be the impact(s), would there be any useful benefit, and would that be acceptable to most!? I understand it'd be a concession...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2154 Times on 1480 Posts
Likes Given: 801

You will have to wait for Hossfly to get his crystal ball out of the shop. I got the news today my crystal ball has dun blowed up.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9546 Times on 4107 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

In the case of the CT shootings, where the shooter appears to have murdered a gun owner, and stolen the firearms used, can't see that would matter one bit.

or in the case of the Columbine shooting, with a firearm illegally purchased for them.

Or in the case of the Aurora shooting committed by a 25 yr old....

Sorry bro- You simply cannot effectively regulate behavior of people by regulating things. But I do believe the politicians will try to, because it makes people feel that they have done something- even when they have not.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 12-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #4

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

And another speculative post has begun

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

the impact is it infringes upon the 2nd admendment, just as past and current gun control laws, restrictions and bans already do. just another liberal approach to trying to create a sense of false security.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2995 Times on 1560 Posts
Likes Given: 279

Lemme see...Concessions? NEVER AGAIN!!! We have made too may concessions over the years. I have drawn my line in the sand. Anyone who votes for any additional regulation, will NEVER get my vote again. Anyone who supports ANY new regulation will be excluded from my conversations.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Old 12-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Anyone who votes for any additional regulation, will NEVER get my vote again.
Really? Ted Cruz votes to define "Assault Weopons" as pistols and he runs against Hillary Clinton in 2016? Never say never my friend.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #8
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Really? Ted Cruz votes to define "Assault Weopons" as pistols and he runs against Hillary Clinton in 2016? Never say never my friend.
funny i am not seeing this about Ted Cruz. seems he is against any changes to the 2nd admendment to me.http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Ted_Cruz.htm

please read his stance on gun control and gun rights. this is an independent website and not associated with Ted Cruz.

please post proof of your statements to clarify your position.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #9

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
You will have to wait for Hossfly to get his crystal ball out of the shop. I got the news today my crystal ball has dun blowed up.
They banned mine

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-23-2012, 12:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
funny i am not seeing this about Ted Cruz. seems he is against any changes to the 2nd admendment to me.http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Ted_Cruz.htm

please read his stance on gun control and gun rights. this is an independent website and not associated with Ted Cruz.

please post proof of your statements to clarify your position.
I think you missed the comparative point due to focusing on flaming me and promoting a politician axxe55. Ted Cruz, whom I supported, didn't inspire, start nor respond to the OP (yet), isn't running for President, neither is Hillary, it's not 2016, etc...

My crystal ball's in the shop, Hoss, but sometimes you don't need one to see someone's up to something. Another issue that hasn't come up is the "registration" element of my thread.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 12-23-2012 at 01:14 AM.