Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Assault rifles and their ammunition:history and prospects

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 03:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Good Read....

Since, unfortunately, I did not serve my country in the Military, I found this paper very informative.

I would like to find a collection of stories from actual armed conflict with the
.556 from our soldiers regarding lethality of the round. I have heard from a couple of guys coming back from combat that they had thier issues about targets going down. But I've not heard or seen much about specifics.
If anyone can lead me here, please do, I'm here to learn.

I always kind of thought that the yaw of the round would drop a target, I've learned a lot more from this paper.

It does seem like the 6.8 is a good answer, but to get the government to change, as this paper suggests, is gonna be hard.

I am trained and must qualify with the AR-15, and we do more than most in this area. I carry one every day and own my own and work on my own at the range.

Our area almost never sees an AR deployed, but that does'nt mean we should'nt be ready.

I obviously do not have combat experience to rely on, so I ask and read hoping to learn.

Stay safe,

M.

Keep your head down!!!!