"Assault Rifle" Ban - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > "Assault Rifle" Ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Indeed it is my friend

Old 09-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #42
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1369 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 3476

@Cheeseman,

Is that your rifle in the picture?

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 09-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #43

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

The last assault weapon ban had nothing to do with public safety or how many rounds the weapon held. It was about controlling the importation of cheap weapons. The Pre-ban SKS didn't have a detachable magazine. It would have been legal in both CA and MA. It had a 10 shot magazine much like the mosin nagant. You couldn't find high capacity magazines for the AK. If they were around no one was buying them. Major sporting magazines such as outdoor life hailed the SKS as the poor mans deer rifle. All the sudden we had the assault weapons ban.

Today anyone with a CNC set up and knowledge of firearms is building AR parts. In another 10 years they will be geared up to build firearms on the same scale as ruger or winchester. well, they won't because we will have another assault weapons ban. We will go back to only mainstream manufacturers being able to distribute firearms. Why do you think ruger openly supported the last assault weapons ban?

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 09-28-2012, 05:41 AM   #44

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Aah, 'fraid not, I bet that one is worth some serious jing, as I would bet most of these were converted to percussion if they were in good shape. This is a Bing photo from some museum methinks.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #45

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Clinton and Gore were paying their debt to the Anti Gun Brady Campaign. It was very close Gore was called in to cast the 1 deciding vote. The Dems got their butts kicked all over the country. Dick Morris now Fox News was the brains behind the Clinton AWB. Smart Ass Morris told the DNC not to worry the NRA and gun owners were paper tigers. The Dems lost so damn many seats they are still afraid of new gun laws.

AWB was BS an only made $3.00 dollar magazines cost 50 bucks. The fact that changing uppers was considered Mfg, a firearm was a PIA. The flash suppressors were removed and bayonet lugs removed and prices went up. It was all a joke but Liberals thought they had really done some thing. Idiot.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

This is too bad. It would be worth some serious change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
Aah, 'fraid not, I bet that one is worth some serious jing, as I would bet most of these were converted to percussion if they were in good shape. This is a Bing photo from some museum methinks.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 09-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

@old_crow,

Please site your source so that I can read up on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Why do you think ruger openly supported the last assault weapons ban?

Old 09-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #48

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

The owner did support it to an extent. He suggested congress should ban magazines that hold more than fifteen rounds.

^ William B. Ruger (1992). "An Open Letter". American Handgunner 12 (5): 18.

Quote:
"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Last edited by Eturnsdale; 09-28-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

@Eturnsdale,

Thanks for the education!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
The owner did support it to an extent. He suggested congress should ban magazines that hold more than fifteen rounds.

^ William B. Ruger (1992). "An Open Letter". American Handgunner 12 (5): 18.
Eturnsdale Likes This 
Old 09-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #50

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Bill Ruger and all progun people knew that President Clinton would pass the AWB. Everyone knew the AWB had a Sundown clause written into it. In the end game it was lets make it the best we can and then work to close it down under the Sundown rule. That is what happened under Bush. I don't think that Bill Ruger ever supported the AWB. This was put out by the Liberals as a win but they lost in the end. The Labor Unions who were attacking Ruger put this out as if Ruger was antigun. The Clinton AWB was a joke.