Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > "Assault Rifle" Ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

This is exactly where we started BEWARE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
It could take on many forms, and before someone says it "What is an assault rifle"?

They could ban components like they did last time (collapsible stocks come to mind immediately because I could not get one).

They could also go after the sales of full rifles that meet a certain criteria to be sold after a certain date.

Things like uppers for an AR would be harder because you don't have to have any FFL involved, so no paperwork unless the seller hands it over.

With components they can simply see it on your rifle when you go to shoot. There are limited ways to look at an upper and say "That is a post ban upper, get over here".

If you have a receiver, of any type, on the books prior to an AWB going into place, I would say you can probably assume that there must be a grandfather clause. If there is no grand father clause, then I suspect there will be one final showdown from all those that don't want to give up what they paid good money for and have a legal right to under those ones called "Inalienable".

JD

Old 09-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #32
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5658 Times on 2800 Posts
Likes Given: 6022

This is my weapon and this is my gun, one is for killing the other for fun. I think that sums up the only definition we need. All of what we are talking about are weapons but the only ones that are Assault are the ones in the hands of the bad guys! Get the Bad guys and we have no more assault weapons to worry about....

Old 09-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #33

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyboy View Post
This is exactly where we started BEWARE
I see your point Davy, but to be honest they caught you guys in remorse mode. The Empire was giving back land left and right and they just slipped guns in on yah.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #34
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8421 Times on 3651 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Quote:
what hardware might be restricted
EGAD! You ask that as if these were actions taken by rational, logical people that actually understood what they are doing!

Proof of that? One of the characteristics that they use to define "assault rifle" is that it is capable of accepting a bayonet.

OK- now think REAL hard- what US city has had a crime wave of drive by bayonetings? Hmmm?

And you think any of us could actually forecast what the hell they may do next? You assume they know the difference between a dust cover and a dust bunny!

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 09-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #35
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5658 Times on 2800 Posts
Likes Given: 6022

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
EGAD! You ask that as if these were actions taken by rational, logical people that actually understood what they are doing!

Proof of that? One of the characteristics that they use to define "assault rifle" is that it is capable of accepting a bayonet.

OK- now think REAL hard- what US city has had a crime wave of drive by bayonetings? Hmmm?

And you think any of us could actually forecast what the hell they may do next? You assume they know the difference between a dust cover and a dust bunny!
C3, you said a mouthful. Uninformed, Ignorant, Idiots sitting around a table trying to decide what scares them is the reality of Gun Control in the year 2012! I really dont remember a single case of a thug bearing a Weapon with a Bayonet fixed as a method of attack. They are so very naive, they actually think their parsing Pea Shooters has produced something useful (other than buttwipe)!

The reality of that is they have produced a society at war with itself, divided us like X's and O's and yet, crime and criminals are the greatest benefactors to date. Preventing the Criminal from making our society even more sick can only come from isolating the Criminal from Society once they have turned to the dark side, presupposing were all criminals in the rough by eliminating tools and options is a double fault, Sick is as sick does, not just how they could do it today!

Old 09-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #36
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

I say take all the Anti-Gunners in a local area and drop them off in a high crime area and see how they fare without something to defend themselves with. Because it seems that approaching them with logic and facts is not working.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 09-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #37
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

a liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56
TDS92A Likes This 
Old 09-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Too Funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
a liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 09-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #39

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 1

In 1809, the Harper's Ferry Arsenal issued a Rifle/Musket to then GI's in the US Army, Navy and Marines. By strict definition of the words, the 1809 was an "Assault Rifle"! This demonstrates the absurdity of the whole leftie idea which is a red herring to cover the real gun grab agenda

image-3751138471.jpg  

Last edited by Cheeseman; 09-26-2012 at 07:49 PM.
TDS92A Likes This 
Old 09-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ummm.....I think that they write the definitions of the words as they see fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
In 1809, the Harper's Ferry Arsenal issued a Rifle/Musket to then GI's in the US Army, Navy and Marines. By strict definition of the words, the 1809 was an "Assault Rifle"! This demonstrates the absurdity of the whole leftie idea which is a red herring to cover the real gun grab agenda