Assault - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Assault

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 04:11 AM   #51
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
One cannot always insure death, however. I understand your point and I totally agree in theory. In practice, however, I would still only shoot to stop. I admit I may be hoping for death, also, but stopping the threat is the only legally defensible action.

Just as there is a legal point in time in which an action transitions from protecting to pursuing, so does there exist a point in time in which an action moves from stopping to executing.

This isn't something to be flippant with.
excellent points to remember. even though you may be allowed to use deadly force in defence of yourself, family and property, doesn't mean you have to. there for if you shoot an intruder in your home and they are merely wounded, you cannot deliver a coup de grace shot and put them out of their misery no matter how much they may deserve it. thinking of putting a final bullet in their head, to deny them the opportunity to sue you in civil court, and well your legal problems now could include a charge of murder, and those legal costs would be a lot worse. just something for someone to give thought to.