Assault - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Assault

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Gentlemen, you have suggested several great PD weapons BUT.........me thinks thou direction is wrong.

You are putting a handgun in a rifle-only firearm-owner and pushing him into a PD confrontation?

OP, no offense but take mountainman's (primer & pioneer too) direction and secure your valuables first.

If you have any intention to arm yourself, you MUST do it in a structured and safe manner. You must first be the student before you can become the practitioner.


Caneism,

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 04-24-2012 at 05:58 PM.
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Gentlemen, you have suggested several great PD weapons BUT.........me thinks thou direction is wrong.

You are putting a handgun in a rifle-only firearm-owner and pushing him into a PD confrontation?

OP, no offense but take mountainman's (primer & pioneer too) direction and secure your valuables first.

If you have any intention to arm yourself, you MUST do it in a structured and safe manner. You must first be the student before you can become the practitioner.


Caneism,
"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."
He hit the nail on the head boys. Rifles and handguns are two different worlds, and it takes time to get used to one after shotting the other for so long.
A good safe is a great idea. The really good ones will run you about $800 and up. You MAY find a good one for less, but not too much less.
As for the gun, I suggest a 1911. You can find some really good ones for a $400-$500. Look into Rock Island Armory and High Standard. They make some nice 1911s in that price range.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,572
Liked 2490 Times on 1421 Posts
Likes Given: 1940

Default

Assuming you are a large guy, I'd have to agree on the

1911A1.

Otherwise, I'd consider a 9mm. CZ75, Beretta92, P35,

or maybe even Glock, if you prefer them.

I also have to agree about a gun safe, preferably

hidden well out of sight...

__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona,Glendale, Arizona
Posts: 1,642
Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Default

You need to shoot some handguns before you even think about purchasing one, or else chances are you'll purchase the wrong one.

__________________
billt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,572
Liked 2490 Times on 1421 Posts
Likes Given: 1940

Default

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah, this...

Rent, try other people's pistols at the range, get a good

idea of what you want, before you consider purchasing.

__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
purehavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Not where I wanna be
Posts: 4,742
Liked 1128 Times on 733 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
You need to shoot some handguns before you even think about purchasing one, or else chances are you'll purchase the wrong one.
This is it right here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

go handle a few , shoot a few and pick the one that feels and shoots best for you , not the one that looks best this is usually a mistake and 90% of the time a person doesnt shoot it as well as another gun because of this .
__________________
purehavoc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:05 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Recon 173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 191
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Go with a Glock 21 SF. They shoot a .45 caliber bullet. Oh, and police studies indicate that there is a pretty good chance that your friend might come back again. Invest in a slap alarm or some other alarm system that activates when you are not home.

__________________
Recon 173 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
coyote_killer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon 173
Go with a Glock 21 SF. They shoot a .45 caliber bullet. Oh, and police studies indicate that there is a pretty good chance that your friend might come back again. Invest in a slap alarm or some other alarm system that activates when you are not home.
He showed up again last night, while halfway thru my window he stared at my new Remington 870 12 gauge barrel in his face.

Thanks,
Riley
__________________
coyote_killer3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_killer3 View Post
He showed up again last night, while halfway thru my window he stared at my new Remington 870 12 gauge barrel in his face.

Thanks,
Riley
No shat? What did the cops say?

Good call on the shotty in my opinion; there is a Mossberg 500 12guage beside my alarm clock.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
smoooth308's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 237
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

No shat? What did the cops say?

Good call on the shotty in my opinion; there is a Mossberg 500 12guage beside my alarm clock.
Seriously though, did you hold him at gun point until the police arrived or what?
__________________
smoooth308 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Assault Rifle? G8ter01 Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 31 02-09-2012 10:12 PM
Assault Vehicle Ban! gregs887 The Club House 19 07-11-2010 07:47 PM
Assault the 2A and still get Elected? dunerunner Politics, Religion and Controversy 7 08-05-2009 06:43 PM
Here it comes assault weapon ban crowbar Politics, Religion and Controversy 73 03-11-2009 04:00 AM