Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Arisaka (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/arisaka-56530/)

k-9155 01-29-2012 01:21 AM

Arisaka

Have a japanese Arisaka and after finding ammo finally, it is very different from any bolt gun I own. Spongy trigger. Is that normal for this rifle?

huffmanite 01-29-2012 01:28 AM

Have 2 type 38 Arisaka sporters, both have been rechambered and are now 6.5x257Roberts. Still have the 2 stage military triggers in mine. Not sure what a spongy trigger is, but mine have a decent trigger pull. Know the trigger spring in one has been replaced with a lighter spring, reducing trigger pull a little and appears sears in both rifles have been honed/polished

k-9155 01-29-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huffmanite
Have 2 type 38 Arisaka sporters, both have been rechambered and are now 6.5x257Roberts. Still have the 2 stage military triggers in mine. Not sure what a spongy trigger is, but mine have a decent trigger pull. Know the trigger spring in one has been replaced with a lighter spring, reducing trigger pull a little and appears sears in both rifles have been honed/polished

I guess I'm trying to say the trigger is soft. For example, when the the trigger has been pulled, the trigger seems to be free and swings. The bolt also is sometimes difficult to bring to battery.

Trez 01-29-2012 01:52 PM

The trigger should feel just about like any other mil-surp of its era.. Mines not soft at all, nor have I had any problems with the bolt, its easier to operate than my Mosin...

What kind of Arisaka is it?

Firearms4ever 01-29-2012 03:46 PM

My Arisaka pretty much operates like Trez described. I have a Type 38 Rifle Arisaka. What model is yours?

k-9155 01-29-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firearms4ever
My Arisaka pretty much operates like Trez described. I have a Type 38 Rifle Arisaka. What model is yours?

It is also a type 38. The series with a Monte Carlo stock. Fires a 6.5 Jap round. Cleaned it thoroughly before firing and spoke to a man named Roy Boone from miss. Who is the guru. Haven't asked him about my problem yet.

jpattersonnh 01-30-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-9155 (Post 693266)
It is also a type 38. The series with a Monte Carlo stock. Fires a 6.5 Jap round. Cleaned it thoroughly before firing and spoke to a man named Roy Boone from miss. Who is the guru. Haven't asked him about my problem yet.

What is he the Guru of? Never heard of him. Contact Will Billar of Pa.
Great smith and he knows his rifles, specializes in surplus.

RealCav06 01-31-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpattersonnh
What is he the Guru of? Never heard of him. Contact Will Billar of Pa.
Great smith and he knows his rifles, specializes in surplus.

Wish I would have read about Will Billar sooner. Maybe he could have told me where to get a follower and spring for my type 99 that would have been cheaper than the $35 I just spent on eBay.