Ar15 help - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Ar15 help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA
But I may change my mind 4 times before I finally put the cash down next month.
Lol I know what you mean I look up every detail on an item before I buy.. I'm picky with my money

Old 12-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #12

Liked 226 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Nothing wrong with the sw m&p15 sport. The two thing it does not have is not important to 99% of those that use them. The dust cover and the forward assist. There is a cut out to push the bolt in to battery with its ever needs it . I bought one a few weeks back after lots of looking, shooting other name brands and reading. SW is one of the only companies that make all there own metal parts in house and is the only afordable one to do so. I payed 595 for mine but at a retail price of 709 you only need 150 bucks + tax to get one. The other model that comes in as a good Ar thats afordable is Palmetto State Arms . They have a basic ar that goes for abou the same price as the sw but not sure if many gun shops deal with them and it has the dust cover and forward assist and for the hard core a chrome barrel and bolt wher the sw use's melonite finish. I also like the fact of haveing S^W is a company that stands behind there products unlike so many but PSA also looks to have a good company backing there products.
Here some reading to help maybe.  Gun Review: Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport | The Truth About Guns

Since this review sw has changed to a Magpul folding rear site that is a big + and melonited the bolt. They also did a review on the swmp15MOE a couple day earlier.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
Nothing wrong with the sw m&p15 sport. The two thing it does not have is not important to 99% of those that use them. The dust cover and the forward assist. There is a cut out to push the bolt in to battery with its ever needs it . I bought one a few weeks back after lots of looking, shooting other name brands and reading. SW is one of the only companies that make all there own metal parts in house and is the only afordable one to do so. I payed 595 for mine but at a retail price of 709 you only need 150 bucks + tax to get one. The other model that comes in as a good Ar thats afordable is Palmetto State Arms . They have a basic ar that goes for abou the same price as the sw but not sure if many gun shops deal with them and it has the dust cover and forward assist and for the hard core a chrome barrel and bolt wher the sw use's melonite finish. I also like the fact of haveing S^W is a company that stands behind there products unlike so many but PSA also looks to have a good company backing there products.
Here some reading to help maybe.  Gun Review: Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport | The Truth About Guns

Since this review sw has changed to a Magpul folding rear site that is a big + and melonited the bolt. They also did a review on the swmp15MOE a couple day earlier.

U rock man. Thank u I wanted Someone to say something good about this gun. I would love to nuy a bushmaster and what not but I got a family so I can't bust out 1500 hundred.. can u mod that gun as far a quadrail and what not

Old 12-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #14

That S&W M&P is without a doubt a solid gun, the reviews are starting to prove that ! I haven't fired one, but wouldn't hesitate to buy one if it came up, I think hardluk1 is right, you really cant go wrong with it.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #15

stoppingpower any thing you can do any other AR's you can do to the M&P15. All the changeable parts and add-ons work on it. If you deside on a scope get the scope mount from RRA. they have the best deal on a good canilever mount also. Work on that sales guy at calbelas . maybe you canget them to work that price down. They had them cheap for sale, cheap a few months back.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:49 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower

Did u get that gun from a bigger store or a local dealer..and how much u pay buddy
I am second owner, was bought at privately owned shop. Gave a little under 1 g with tasco 4-16, Harris bipod extra mags, ammo, etc. Add the extras and it was average price. Trigger is a little mushy, but what I want to replace it with is big$, so it still works. If I was to buy new it would be rra.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #17

Okay guys I might of changed my mind I might want a dpms oracle 223. I've been watching reviews and have found no flaws. Plus I watch a video and a guy put 10000 rounds none stop besides to oil it up and only had a few times were the round didn't seat properly... what u guys think do you have any experience with this gun?

Old 12-11-2011, 09:58 PM   #18

You are way to sucked up into, this is better than that!! NO wait,, this is better!!!!! Settle down READ a while. Dpms is not the cats rear of ar's. Probably more issue with CS . they were a better company a few years ago.than anyone . Easier to find people that have never shot this or that but will tell you how good or bad it is .

Old 12-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
You are way to sucked up into, this is better than that!! NO wait,, this is better!!!!! Settle down READ a while. Dpms is not the cats rear of ar's. Probably more issue with CS . they were a better company a few years ago.than anyone . Easier to find people that have never shot this or that but will tell you how good or bad it is .
Hardluk1 went for double Jeopardy and really changed his score..! He is exactly right, and I want to answer a question too... Hahaha..!
I need to pick up my game..! lmao

Last edited by ANGRYcanary; 12-12-2011 at 07:49 AM.