AR Budget and what to get - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > AR Budget and what to get

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I don't know where you got that about steel casing ammo being a myth, but it WILL in fact screw your AR up resulting in an EXTENSIVE chamber/bore cleaning to get it right again. What happens is when you get "happy" shooting your AR, and the lacquer melts, it will form an thick film when it cools back down and will solidify. The next time you attempt to shoot it, the LEAST that will happen is ammo getting stuck in chamber or not chambering all the way. PLEASE don't mislead other people which may result in firearm damage or injury based on uninformed opinion. And YES the company that bought Remington is in fact the same company that owns Bushmaster. The Remington R-15 and it's bigger brother are in fact Bushmasters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXFun86 View Post
I don't know where y'all live, but up here in MI, building just isn't an option anymore. EVERYONE is sold out of parts. The lower is the hardest part to get. Even our gun shows are out of stock. But if you can manage, I personally love Del-ton for bang for the buck. If you're looking for a diff cal look into the .50 Beowolf, or maybe the .458 SOCOM, both available at Rock River Arms(after a lengthy back order). Otherwise I'd go the .308 route. Rumor has it the the new Remington .308 (R-25?)is actually a Bushmaster. Btw, Del-ton offers all their uppers in 5.56. If it were me I'd only buy a 5.56 as it'll handle all the available loads in .223 or 5.56 where as a .223 upper may have trouble with hot 5.56 loads. Also, don't pay any mind to the "steel casings are evil" myth.