AR 15 night sights
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > AR 15 night sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 11:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default AR 15 night sights

I'm sure this has been covered, but I haven't been able to find the answer. I'm contemplating buying a front night sight for my RRA. Anyone have any suggestions of what is the best to buy and how hard are they to install?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-07-2008, 12:22 AM   #2

Currently I'm working with a set of MSgt Paul Howe's CSAT sights by XS Sights. Very versatile and designed by a guy that shot bad folks for a living for a long time. Says a lot.

http://www.combatshootingandtactics.com/CSAT%20Combat%20Sight%20Instructions%2008.pdf

Old 11-07-2008, 12:45 AM   #3

I have a Trijicon front sight post. Installation is easy: Unscrew old post (don't lose detent spring) screw in new one.
What are you planning on using your rifle for? I have found that the night sights were not so useful. For anything out past 10 yards, the flashlight was on for identification purposes anyhow which washes out the glow from the sight. Inside 10-15 yards, "sighting" is done between the ears of the sight base without the rear sight, and I don't use the post anyway. Just some info as most front illuminated front sights are upwads of $50 which might be better used somwhere else on the rifle.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 11-07-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2738 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I have Trijicons front and rear on my "work gun" Colt Gov't Carbine. I only have them because they were free. Retiring Officer had installed them on his issue gun so, being the armorer, I swapped 'em out.

I would not buy them. A good light is far more valuable. Judging by your screenname, you will need to ID a targert before engaging. Night sights do not illuminate bad guys. A good 6v weapon mounted light is much better for "our line of work".