AR-15 buy
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > AR-15 buy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Default AR-15 buy

Am looking to buy an Ar-15. Is is possible to get a decent ar for that $750 or under? Must be in 5.56 and will be used for shooting targets, and maybe squirrels. If you know of any, please give the model and brand

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Yes, be sure to watch your local sportsman's classifieds. Here in Florida we have several online sprtsman's classified that often have some very good deals on lightly used AR's. I believe Georgia has the same rules allowing face-to-face sale of firearms between private individuals.

With the continued downturn in the economy many folks are having to part with their guns just to survive. Sad as it is, for the potential gun buyer it can offer the opportunity to obtain some very quality weapons at great prices.

Even if you found a more heavily used Colt for instance at a good price, you can easily strip it down and rebuild it with new parts of your liking. The system is completely modular and parts are widely available and interchangable.

Pawn Shops and Gun Stores may also provide an opportunity for buying a used AR, but their prices will obviously be higher than you'll find in a private deal.

Good luck on your quest!

ETA: If you want a fairly decent new AR, DelTon has nice new ones available for $750 that will serve you well. This price does not include shipping or FFL transfer fee.

http://www.del-ton.com/carbine_rifles_s/2.htm

Last edited by Snakedriver; 10-02-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1143 Times on 745 Posts
Likes Given: 681

try to shop around.i recently went to a gun show and saw a bushmaster for 750 and a stag for 800. pretty good deals for those brands. i bought my stag for 900. i like my stag and its good quality, comes with a lifetime warrenty. i also saw smith and wesson's for 600 and 650 but i dont know how good there quality is anymore. in my opionion i would save a little more money and try to get a rifle of good quality like a stag, bushmaster, RRA, or DPMS

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
try to shop around.i recently went to a gun show and saw a bushmaster for 750 and a stag for 800. pretty good deals for those brands. i bought my stag for 900. i like my stag and its good quality, comes with a lifetime warrenty. i also saw smith and wesson's for 600 and 650 but i dont know how good there quality is anymore. in my opionion i would save a little more money and try to get a rifle of good quality like a stag, bushmaster, RRA, or DPMS
Agree, I went with Rock River Arms (RRA). Building it myself from a stripped lower and purchasing a complete upper my cost including FFL fee and shipping was right around $800 without any optics, but including a Magpul pop-up rear sight. RRA's are capable of sub-MOA accuracy.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:56 PM   #5

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiahunter View Post
Am looking to buy an Ar-15. Is is possible to get a decent ar for that $750 or under? Must be in 5.56 and will be used for shooting targets, and maybe squirrels. If you know of any, please give the model and brand
Snake hit the nail right on the head, a good rifle for a decent price......you can't beat Del-Ton. go to their site and "make" it like you want it!

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 10-13-2011, 02:50 AM   #6

Just picked up my Del-Ton M4 a week ago, for $725. Of course it has a few extras on it.