AR 10 Foregrip, Bipod, and or combo
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

AR 10 Foregrip, Bipod, and or combo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 01:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default AR 10 Foregrip, Bipod, and or combo

Hello everyone. I have a Sig Sauer 716 Patrol. I am looking to purchase a foregrip and bipod or combo. I shoot 100-500 yards. I have a lot of experience with shooting firearms, just not a lot of experience with building them. So my question is this: what sort of foregrip do you prefer, and why? Same question for bipod. What do you think of the foregrip/bipod combo? My price range is about $1000-1500 for full setup. Thank you so much for your help and please let me know if I need to elaborate on my needs.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-25-2014, 06:09 AM   #2
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

I happen to like the vertical fore grip combos( laser/ light & bi-pod out of the bottom). If I ever get to have my AR-10 built, it would be something of want built in. CDNNSPORTS sells some, and there are others out there,...

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 06-25-2014, 05:12 PM   #3

Liked 60 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I like the Troy VFG Modular fore grip with the center section removed and the Atlas bipod of your choice with a separate light.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:42 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

personally i cant stand foregrips they promote poor shooting habits and improper form. this reduces the shooter's ability to hit targets in the long run.

i used to use harris bipods lightweight rugged enough and adjustable. nowadays i use whats at hand for a rest and cut out lugging around fairly useless dead weight on the rifle.

if i was going to buy a new bipod i would give the atlas ones a hard look.

i would recommend getting a good two point sling you can use as a shooting aid or a carry strap
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 06-25-2014, 10:06 PM   #5

Thanks for the info everyone! Any thoughts on an angled foregrip? A buddy of mine has an Atlas bipod, a little pricy but he swears by it. I'll look into the Harris as well.