Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Anyone into airguns? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/anyone-into-airguns-69351/)

cj84 07-31-2012 11:26 PM

Anyone into airguns?

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't shot them much since I was a kid, bought this the other day and its just as fun as I remember. I think imma buy a few more any recommendations?

Attachment 53058

cj84 07-31-2012 11:29 PM

Thats a benjamin titan gp in .22 btw

mountainman13 07-31-2012 11:30 PM

I hear the .308 caliber ones are the best. Powerful enough to drop large game and still small enough of a diameter that you can get multiple shots without loosing a ton of pressure. All I have is a .22 cal pump pistol but its good for small critters.

cj84 07-31-2012 11:38 PM

I haven't heard of a 308 ill have to check em out. I live in a neighborhood and bought this for snakes and critters around the house, last summer I had to take on a cotton mouth with my sons red rider lol.

lbwar15 07-31-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
I hear the .308 caliber ones are the best. Powerful enough to drop large game and still small enough of a diameter that you can get multiple shots without loosing a ton of pressure. All I have is a .22 cal pump pistol but its good for small critters.

I just use my AR for critters lol. But I have bin thanking of getting a whisper.

mountainman13 07-31-2012 11:43 PM

Cool. I don't know if that company makes the .308 but if you google big bore air rifles I think you'll find it interesting. They make up to 50 cals. There's YouTube videos to watch also. I'm pretty new to the whole big bore air rifle deal. I went to a gun show for them a few months ago it was pretty cool they even had full auto suppressed guns. My buddy has a .26 cal (i think) that he says is basically silent and a .45 cal that's basically as loud as a real rifle and will shoot through concrete blocks.

cj84 07-31-2012 11:46 PM

Ha don't think the neighbors would appreciate me using an ar on pest

lbwar15 08-01-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj84
Ha don't think the neighbors would appreciate me using an ar on pest

I know what you mean. My neighbors did not mind. But now that I live in an apartment they won't stop calling the cops who keep bringing the SWAT teem. I mean really like you have never seen a man in his underwear chasing and bump firing tracer rounds at the neighbors poodle for peeing on his tire. : confused :

Garadex 08-01-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbwar15
. I mean really like you have never seen a man in his underwear chasing and bump firing tracer rounds at the neighbors poodle for peeing on his tire. : confused :

That right there is funny!

Win73 08-01-2012 03:03 AM

Lewis and Clark carried an air rifle on their expedition to explore the Louisiana Purchase.

I have a Ruger Air Hawk. I bought it because I had too many squirrels in my back yard. I have an oak tree in my yard that always produces a lot of acorns. The squirrels were cute until they became destructive. One of them got under the hood of my daughters car and chewed the wiring to her headlights in two and chewed holes in the tubing for her windshield washers.

So far I have killed four of the little beggars with it.