Any thoughts on the Remington CDL SF... .260Rem, rifle or caliber?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Any thoughts on the Remington CDL SF... .260Rem, rifle or caliber?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Any thoughts on the Remington CDL SF... .260Rem, rifle or caliber?

Does anyone have any experiance with either the rifle or the calibre?

After settling into the new place and just filing my tax return, I'm in the position where a rifle purchase may be possible within the next couple of months. I don't want to splurge too much, but I found the Remington CDL SF for a pretty good price chambered in .260 Remington. I've read up on the cartridge and it seems that it's likely to be more than enough gun for any game I'm likely to encounter.

The price I found was $1600 at a local store. I'm figuring that I'll need about $600 for a quality scope and mounts on top of that. My tax should come back to about $1200 and I'm thinking that I'll trade my .223 to help me along. I don't really want to as it was my first rifle but the little Weatherby just won't cut it on the bigger pigs and deer that I really want to start to hunt. It'll trade for about $400 and the Leupold scope on top of it the same.. That only leaves me to front up about 200 bucks. Do you think it's worth it?

Last edited by canebrake; 09-03-2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: TTTP

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have one in 17 Rem Fireball and it is outstanding--typical Remington 700 quality and accuracy. I got a great deal and paid about $700 US--looks like they're a lot more expensive in Australia! Good luck--you love it.

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 09-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #3

The .260 is a terrific load, but a little hard to find in the states. Be sure you have a supplier for the ammo.

Owner, operator, sales manager, and only salesman for:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
and I also sweep out the place.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:07 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I found some brass for reloading the 260 sale on Midway USA and at a buck each you better bend over and pick up the spent cartridges. My dentist uses a 260 for P Dogs and loves it, although, he can afford the ammunition.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I have a buddy with that exact rifle. That has to be one of the best looking Remingtons on the market today. His is the SS with laminate brown stock OMG droolllllling.......

Old 09-04-2010, 10:09 AM   #6

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I have a buddy with that exact rifle. That has to be one of the best looking Remingtons on the market today. His is the SS with laminate brown stock OMG droolllllling.......
That's exactly what I thought Tango. I was flicking through the Remington catalogue and my bottom jaw almost hit the floor! Not only one of the best looking Remingtons, it's one of the best looking sporter rifles on the market IMO. The walnut even look to have some figure in it.

The .260 isn't all that popular down here and ammo might be a little more expersive than other calibres but I won't be shooting much so my only worry is that it takes anything I aim it at cleanly. From everything I've read it will so it's looking good.

Actually, the rifle seems to look nicer and nicer each time I look at it, as soon as my tax comes back I'll be on the way to getting one!
remington-cdl-sf-1.jpg