Any ideas im right hand dominant but left eye dominant! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Any ideas im right hand dominant but left eye dominant!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #21
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1451 Times on 860 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim223 View Post
I guess im just going to be a left handed shooter with rifles and right hand shooter with pistols lol
This is what I have been doing for 30 years. It works for me.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #22

Liked 2181 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1403

When I was in basic training there were several people that were right handed and left eye dominant. They made them shoot left handed. I noticed because I am left handed. They always called us out to give us brass deflectors. Those guys all shot better left handed than right handed.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #23

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

I'm L i'd cross dominate. I don't think it matters much unless you're shooting Bullseye.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #24
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3700 Times on 1782 Posts
Likes Given: 1816

Generally having left eye dominant and right handed shooting a rifle does not affect that much unless psychological. The reason is that when shooting a rifle with your non dominant eye the sight radius is long enough to correct most issues shooting right handed with the non dominant eye. With a pistol it makes a word of difference due to the short sight radius. And will not work at all. When shooting the rifle just practice closing your left eye. If you practice enough you will see improvement due to becoming more confident. Or as stated you could switch and start shooting left side left eye dominant. My younger son is left eye dominant and right handed. He finally swithced to shooting a rifle left handed and became "more than proficient" after some work. But just could not addapt to shooting right handed being left eye dominant. Good Luck! Or get a good optic for your AR! This will also solve the problem. EOTech, Pro Point or other good sight with no parallax.

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 10-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #25

Liked 2181 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1403

Hey Sniper. Love the avatar. As soon as I saw it I had to go did mine out of the tool box to show it to my son.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #26

Liked 24 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 12

When I train, I always spend part of the session switching from strong side (right side for me) and support side (left for me). At first, it was really awkward. Now I can shoot about as well support side as strong side.

I would recommend learning to shoot left handed.

Vincine Likes This