Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Another Winter Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Another Winter Project

Well, it was 55 degrees last week and it's frikkin' 14 degrees today... So much for real range time and spring weather.

This is the latest basement project. DPMS High Rider upper receiver with a .223 stainless bull barrel, DPMS lower, MagPul stock, American Trigger AR Gold trigger and a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9. Hoping this will make a decent crow and 'chuck getter this summer.

First group was .688 with no break in, factory 60 grain Hornady TAP just because I have a ton of it. A little over- kill for crows. The trigger is amazing, but for the price it should be. The stock, meh. I could get better results for a lot cheaper with a weighted A2 stock and a cheek pad. As you can see even with the MagPul extended all the way I still had to use extension rings and I am
only 6' tall. I am still stuck on the "nose on the charging handle" thing from the Army but I definitely needed more length.

When it gets above freezing I hope to try out some of my 50 grain TNT handloads.

100_0120.jpg  

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Last edited by jeepcreep927; 03-26-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-26-2010, 02:32 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

The zombies will see that gold trigger glinting in the sun from a mile away.

Very cool sir.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #3

Yup. That's just the "pimp" in me... Actually I think I am just going to put some flat black on it with a small artist's brush. It does look a little lame. Ok, a lot...

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 03-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
Yup. That's just the "pimp" in me... Actually I think I am just going to put some flat black on it with a small artist's brush. It does look a little lame. Ok, a lot...
No, it looks fine jeep

I'm just jealous.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #5

Very nice rifle jeepcreep. The gold trigger really tops is off

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight." -Psalms 144:1

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. - Romans 10:9

Old 03-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

You single? I can just hear my wife and see the look on her face if I layed a rifle on her counter.

Great looking rifle!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 03-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

jeep:

Very nice indeed! You did an excellent job there. Keep the gold trigger it looks sharp!

TXnorton

Old 03-27-2010, 11:54 AM   #8

Liked 1675 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1127

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
You single? I can just hear my wife and see the look on her face if I layed a rifle on her counter.

Great looking rifle!
My wife loves it when I bring my guns in the kitchen. I was cleaning a rifle on the dining room table when I lifted it up to go back out to the garage. I hit the light fixture above the table with the barrel. A couple days later I had to install a brand new chandaleer in the dining room. She all for me breaking old stuff and buying her new. LOL

I only clean pistols in the dining room now. Rifles stay in the garage!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #9

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

With the way the rest is finished the gold trigger looks pretty nice. I actually would have thought different if I seen the description and not a pic with it but I kind of like the look. You have a pretty dang nice rifle there.

You know..I had to read lay a rifle on the counter twice...The double entendre intended or not made me do a spit take with my coffee ..About through my nose. I mean.."Are you single? I can just hear my wife and see the look on her face if I layed a rifle on her counter". I guess it's because my wife has said I treat my guns like they are my girlfriends. Always buying things for them, Taking them out and sweet talking to them when they are working well. I tell her even with all the noise they make they still never backtalk me hahahaa!!

Last edited by DrumJunkie; 03-27-2010 at 12:29 PM.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #10

Liked 1675 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1127

You know, I kinda like the trigger. It's not like the gold plated slide on the glock that someone posted. That was a different story all together.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.