Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Another Winter Project (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/another-winter-project-25198/)

jeepcreep927 03-26-2010 03:26 PM

Another Winter Project

1 Attachment(s)
Well, it was 55 degrees last week and it's frikkin' 14 degrees today... So much for real range time and spring weather.

This is the latest basement project. DPMS High Rider upper receiver with a .223 stainless bull barrel, DPMS lower, MagPul stock, American Trigger AR Gold trigger and a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9. Hoping this will make a decent crow and 'chuck getter this summer.

First group was .688 with no break in, factory 60 grain Hornady TAP just because I have a ton of it. A little over- kill for crows. The trigger is amazing, but for the price it should be. The stock, meh. I could get better results for a lot cheaper with a weighted A2 stock and a cheek pad. As you can see even with the MagPul extended all the way I still had to use extension rings and I am
only 6' tall. I am still stuck on the "nose on the charging handle" thing from the Army but I definitely needed more length.

When it gets above freezing I hope to try out some of my 50 grain TNT handloads.

Jo da Plumbr 03-26-2010 03:32 PM

The zombies will see that gold trigger glinting in the sun from a mile away.

Very cool sir.

jeepcreep927 03-26-2010 03:35 PM

Yup. That's just the "pimp" in me... Actually I think I am just going to put some flat black on it with a small artist's brush. It does look a little lame. Ok, a lot...

Jo da Plumbr 03-26-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 (Post 257875)
Yup. That's just the "pimp" in me... Actually I think I am just going to put some flat black on it with a small artist's brush. It does look a little lame. Ok, a lot...

No, it looks fine jeep

I'm just jealous.
:eek:

JoeParker 03-26-2010 04:17 PM

Very nice rifle jeepcreep. The gold trigger really tops is off ;)

spittinfire 03-26-2010 04:18 PM

You single? I can just hear my wife and see the look on her face if I layed a rifle on her counter.

Great looking rifle!

TXnorton 03-27-2010 10:42 AM

jeep:

Very nice indeed! You did an excellent job there. Keep the gold trigger it looks sharp!

Rick1967 03-27-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 257895)
You single? I can just hear my wife and see the look on her face if I layed a rifle on her counter.

Great looking rifle!

My wife loves it when I bring my guns in the kitchen. I was cleaning a rifle on the dining room table when I lifted it up to go back out to the garage. I hit the light fixture above the table with the barrel. A couple days later I had to install a brand new chandaleer in the dining room. She all for me breaking old stuff and buying her new. LOL

I only clean pistols in the dining room now. Rifles stay in the garage!

DrumJunkie 03-27-2010 01:26 PM

With the way the rest is finished the gold trigger looks pretty nice. I actually would have thought different if I seen the description and not a pic with it but I kind of like the look. You have a pretty dang nice rifle there.

You know..I had to read lay a rifle on the counter twice...The double entendre intended or not made me do a spit take with my coffee ..About through my nose. :D I mean.."Are you single? I can just hear my wife and see the look on her face if I layed a rifle on her counter". I guess it's because my wife has said I treat my guns like they are my girlfriends. Always buying things for them, Taking them out and sweet talking to them when they are working well. I tell her even with all the noise they make they still never backtalk me hahahaa!!

Rick1967 03-27-2010 03:30 PM

You know, I kinda like the trigger. It's not like the gold plated slide on the glock that someone posted. That was a different story all together.