another new gun - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > another new gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 12:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Remington's first civilian BOlt action rifle was the Model 30 Express. Guess what it was based on? Yes the 1917.

Here is a pic of another sporterized 1917.

M14 where did you get that stock? I am looking for a new stock my a modle 30 express.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:06 AM   #12

Default ok here are the pics

here are the pics of the one I bought

30-06-2.jpg   30-06-3.jpg  

Old 11-16-2009, 12:19 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I just put a 3-9 X40 Nikon Team Primos scope on mine. I have Thanksgiving week off and I'll zero it then. It was a great shooter with a 2-7 x 32 Elite 3200, but my old eyes need extra help.

I am pleased as punch with mine. I paid $199. plus I refinished and shortened the stock then cold blued the barrel.

Here's a link to the project: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/1917-eddystone-project-18556/

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-16-2009, 12:44 AM   #14

I am very pleased with mine like I said needs a little work but for the price could not say no. I need to get the barrel reblued first then maybe re do the stock it has a few nicks and dings. I know the last guy said he took the barrel off and glass inlaid it. thanks again to everyone for the info. I think I am going to like this site a good bit since I plan on buying alot more guns I tried starting an album on my profile with pics of what I have bought already but don't know if it worked or not. thanks again

Old 11-16-2009, 12:59 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It's great fun and very satisfying to save an old firearm, and it keeps me out of trouble at home too.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-16-2009, 01:41 AM   #16

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I find the variances in old sporterized milsurps to be fascinating. The personal touches are amazing. The labor hours invested in many of them is impressive. I've seen them done with hand carved stocks. Some guy sitting in a cabin all winter whittling a new stock for the rifle he brought back from WW1? That is cool to me.

I do not believe milsurps should be sporterized if they are still original (unless knackered up already), but the ones that have already been done are fair game.

But remember, today's POS old milsurp is tomorrows valuable relic.