Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Angled Foregrip -- yea or nay?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Angled Foregrip -- yea or nay?

Looking for input on a fore grip for my M10-762 AK. And would like thoughts on angled verses straight fore grips. (or foregrips or fore-grips as the case may be.)

Additionally please mention the model you prefer on your firearm and why.

I am finding that, after chemo for cancer, the peripheral neuropathy in my hands just wont allow me a solid hold, thus I have been looking at a grip.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2012, 02:19 AM   #2

I say yes... However, the angle forward grip (like the magpul one I have on my personal and agency AR's) or the straight grip, are chosen by personal preference and comfort.

I personally love my magpul angle forward grip (afg). I personally have mine set all the way back on my quad rail next to the magazine. When I have to cover a building or something for a long period of time it allows me to keep my rifle at a high ready for a much longer period before fatigue starts to set in. If a need to transition and clear a house, I can still do so without it feeling too exposed (still a firm grip/stance in tight quarters). To me the magpul afg just feels like the most natural angle your hand would sit at (not straight up and down when extended out to the rail, not flat across).

I have met people that love the straight up and down grips though. A few have said that it's just because they're used to it because it was all they had in the service at that time and they never saw an afg or similar before. Some others just say that it feels better to them to use it than an afg.

Again, the final decision is up to you and what feels comfortable in your hands. The good thing is, they're relatively inexpensive. A magpul afg is only about 30 bucks and if you don't have a rail to put it on, they have adapter parts to fit it to your hand guard. If you don't like it you could sell it in under a day online and try something new.

Hope this helps....

Old 01-30-2012, 02:26 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I tried one just for ****s and giggles and went back to a straight grip with a pressure pad. Just didn't like the feel. The previous posters right, give it a shot (no pun intended), u can always try something else until you find what you like the best.