Ammo pic
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Ammo pic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 01:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default Ammo pic

Anybody have a huge ammo stockpile they wouldn't mind sharing a pic of. Someone out there has to be sitting on something huge

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2013, 02:19 AM   #2

People hoarding ammo, and there is really no reason for it, is the problem. If I was hoarding it, I would be too embarrased to admit it.
ct

Old 03-27-2013, 02:44 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 325 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 63

I don't have a camera to take panoramic photos. And I don't want to have to dig up the backyard to get all the ammo cans together. So no photos.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:45 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 325 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
People hoarding ammo, and there is really no reason for it, is the problem. If I was hoarding it, I would be too embarrased to admit it.
ct
How much ammo do you consider to be a reasonable amount to keep on hand?

Old 03-27-2013, 02:49 AM   #5

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

One man's hoard is another man's rainy day supply...and baby it's pouring. What's there to be embarrassed about, being prepared? I tried to buy 500-1000 rounds a month for the past several years and now that it's not available at reasonable prices I don't have to scramble to pay 3x the price.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 03-27-2013 at 02:54 AM.
PanBaccha Likes This 
Old 03-27-2013, 02:55 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8744 Times on 3779 Posts
Likes Given: 1341

ammo-2.jpg

This is the rimfire bunker. The Revolver bunker and Pistol bunker are to the left, the Shotgun bunker beyond, and the Rifle bunkers on the right.

Say, anyone seen a good price on a used forklift?

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 03-27-2013, 02:57 AM   #7

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Attachment 93061

This is the rimfire bunker. The Revolver bunker and Pistol bunker are to the left, the Shotgun bunker beyond, and the Rifle bunkers on the right.

Say, anyone seen a good price on a used forklift?

And that's just the range ammo...the good stuff is in an undisclosed location.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-27-2013, 03:21 AM   #8

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop
ct
People having a good supply of their own ammo is nothing to be embarrassed about. What's wrong with buying a few boxes here and there when you see a good deal, which eventually leads to a nice sized ammo collection. I'm not talking about waiting at the doors of Walmart so you could buy up everything they just put on the shelves. This thread was about acquired ammo over time
Old 03-27-2013, 03:24 AM   #9

Liked 52 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortinsj

People having a good supply of their own ammo is nothing to be embarrassed about. What's wrong with buying a few boxes here and there when you see a good deal, which eventually leads to a nice sized ammo collection. I'm not talking about waiting at the doors of Walmart so you could buy up everything they just put on the shelves. This thread was about acquired ammo over time
Well said. I'm embarrassed I didn't make building a decent stockpile more of a priority. Secondly, I'm pissed that I won't be going to the range for a while.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

Why is it that whenever some commodity predictably comes into temporary short supply, the people who had the foresight to stock up enough beforehand to carry them through the lean times are always accused of being "hoarders.??"

I guess if you have a savings account, you're a dirty low down "money hoarder."

I'd rather be called a "hoarder" than to be called "stupid."

Winston Churchill