Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Ammo pic (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/ammo-pic-87525/)

fortinsj 03-27-2013 01:52 AM

Ammo pic

Anybody have a huge ammo stockpile they wouldn't mind sharing a pic of. Someone out there has to be sitting on something huge

cottontop 03-27-2013 02:19 AM

People hoarding ammo, and there is really no reason for it, is the problem. If I was hoarding it, I would be too embarrased to admit it.
ct

aandabooks 03-27-2013 02:44 AM

I don't have a camera to take panoramic photos. And I don't want to have to dig up the backyard to get all the ammo cans together. So no photos.

aandabooks 03-27-2013 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cottontop (Post 1192178)
People hoarding ammo, and there is really no reason for it, is the problem. If I was hoarding it, I would be too embarrased to admit it.
ct

How much ammo do you consider to be a reasonable amount to keep on hand?

Jpyle 03-27-2013 02:49 AM

One man's hoard is another man's rainy day supply...and baby it's pouring. What's there to be embarrassed about, being prepared? I tried to buy 500-1000 rounds a month for the past several years and now that it's not available at reasonable prices I don't have to scramble to pay 3x the price.

c3shooter 03-27-2013 02:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 93061

This is the rimfire bunker. The Revolver bunker and Pistol bunker are to the left, the Shotgun bunker beyond, and the Rifle bunkers on the right.

Say, anyone seen a good price on a used forklift?

:p

Jpyle 03-27-2013 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1192236)
Attachment 93061

This is the rimfire bunker. The Revolver bunker and Pistol bunker are to the left, the Shotgun bunker beyond, and the Rifle bunkers on the right.

Say, anyone seen a good price on a used forklift?

:p

And that's just the range ammo...the good stuff is in an undisclosed location.

fortinsj 03-27-2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cottontop
ct

People having a good supply of their own ammo is nothing to be embarrassed about. What's wrong with buying a few boxes here and there when you see a good deal, which eventually leads to a nice sized ammo collection. I'm not talking about waiting at the doors of Walmart so you could buy up everything they just put on the shelves. This thread was about acquired ammo over time

sc00ts 03-27-2013 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortinsj

People having a good supply of their own ammo is nothing to be embarrassed about. What's wrong with buying a few boxes here and there when you see a good deal, which eventually leads to a nice sized ammo collection. I'm not talking about waiting at the doors of Walmart so you could buy up everything they just put on the shelves. This thread was about acquired ammo over time

Well said. I'm embarrassed I didn't make building a decent stockpile more of a priority. Secondly, I'm pissed that I won't be going to the range for a while.

locutus 03-27-2013 06:48 PM

Why is it that whenever some commodity predictably comes into temporary short supply, the people who had the foresight to stock up enough beforehand to carry them through the lean times are always accused of being "hoarders.??"

I guess if you have a savings account, you're a dirty low down "money hoarder."

I'd rather be called a "hoarder" than to be called "stupid."