alright all you snipers - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > alright all you snipers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 05:26 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

Sig, i think that scope would work quite well on the Marlin XS7VH in 308!

trust me on this, that everyone that has tried the Marlin X7's because i recommended them has been very pleased with them. there are several members here on this forum that swear by their accuracy and how well made they are for the price. they look and perform like a rifle that costs much, much more. currently i own three of those Marlins and all of them are great shooting rifles. i took a chance on the first one i bought, a XL7C n 25-06 and was so impressed that i bought the second one, a XS7 in 7mm-08, and then ordered the XS7VH when they announced they were bringing them out. i am very pleased with all three of mine and wouldn't hesitate in buying another one, which i will soon.
I I trust your judgment but I didn't see one at the gun show. I was asking around and no one had em. I did meet one guy that says he builds them and then he went on to say he cross breed a Remy 700 and a savage and that this rifle shot 1/2 moa at 600 yards. He then told me he builds them that way because of the barrel nut. He said the way he had them he could change out barrels very easily. I thought to myself this is genius and talked more with him. Then I asked him how much for a rig like that. This is the best part. He told me $3500. I looked at the rifle and then back to him and walked away thinking this guy is a fuc king idiot.

So my quest for a Marlin x7 turned up short but I did walk away happy with the deal I got on the scope.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:37 AM   #72
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
I I trust your judgment but I didn't see one at the gun show. I was asking around and no one had em. I did meet one guy that says he builds them and then he went on to say he cross breed a Remy 700 and a savage and that this rifle shot 1/2 moa at 600 yards. He then told me he builds them that way because of the barrel nut. He said the way he had them he could change out barrels very easily. I thought to myself this is genius and talked more with him. Then I asked him how much for a rig like that. This is the best part. He told me $3500. I looked at the rifle and then back to him and walked away thinking this guy is a fuc king idiot.

So my quest for a Marlin x7 turned up short but I did walk away happy with the deal I got on the scope.
Sig make a short drive to Buffalo Texas, right off Interstate 45. about a mile off the interstate on Commerce Street is a place called Buffalo Sporting Goods. ask for Archie. he's the owner and he's a Marlin Dealer. if he doesn't have it, he will order anything you want. they are good people to deal with and will treat you fairly on price. during the big assault rifle and ammo scare we had earlier this year, they never gouged anyone on prices of either. they have my utmost respect for standing by their customers the way they did. you will have to look real hard to find better people to deal with IMO.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:39 AM   #73

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

Sig make a short drive to Buffalo Texas, right off Interstate 45. about a mile off the interstate on Commerce Street is a place called Buffalo Sporting Goods. ask for Archie. he's the owner and he's a Marlin Dealer. if he doesn't have it, he will order anything you want. they are good people to deal with and will treat you fairly on price. during the big assault rifle and ammo scare we had earlier this year, they never gouged anyone on prices of either. they have my utmost respect for standing by their customers the way they did. you will have to look real hard to find better people to deal with IMO.
Alright awesome, thankyou. Got to save up some cash and I will make a trip
Old 06-24-2013, 05:42 AM   #74
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Alright awesome, thankyou. Got to save up some cash and I will make a trip
i sent you a PM with some info. hope it helps.