Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > almost there

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default almost there

so i have narrowed it down to 2 different guns and caliber. first would be the Stevens 200 .243 or the mossberg 100. i have also thought about a .308 because i can find more guns in that than any other, but i heard that has a nasty kick. i will be shooting this as well as a 11 year old who we both shoot the 12 gauge no problem on the shoulder so im looking for a gun with around the same recoil. want a flat shooting bullet able to take down a deer. what would you recommend. this will be my first rifle owned but have shot and learned on a 22

Last edited by kzink; 11-30-2009 at 08:37 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-30-2009, 11:59 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 694 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 712

You would be better served w/ the Stevens. The .243 would be a better choice if varmint hunting is on you agenda. But the .308 is a better medium game cartridge. It's all what you want to do with it.