All Nosler - A Paradox
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > All Nosler - A Paradox

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 9 Posts

Default All Nosler - A Paradox

It would be an understatement to say that I have been an "ECLECTIC" gun owner, shooter and re-loader all my teen and adult life.

Definition of an "Eclectic gun nut, shooter and load developer" - is a person who has the desire to own many different makes and kinds of rifles, with a broad taste for style and workmanship in guns, along with choosing and experiencing many different components for load development.

Yet, the most consistent results I have ever had with any rifle, bullet and brass combination, has been with my Nosler M48 TGR 7mm-08, using the 140gr Accubond and Nosler brass - in other words ALL NOSLER!!! (except for powder and primer). When considering the many guns both custom and standard production rifles, that I have owned through the years, nothing compares to my ALL NOSLER experience as of late - for style, fit, finish, weight, balance, handling, shooting accuracy, load components and joy over the results of the total experience.

I will admit that at the moment I have more confidence in my new setup than I have ever had in any setup in the past. Maybe I am lucky, and everything from the manufacture of my rifle, to me ending up with this particular one, at this specific time in my life, all came together just at the right time - I don't know? But, what I do know is that I have a once in a lifetime gun and I can never let it go. My grandson will be the next owner.

I don't think, that I would have believed anybody, if they told me I would one day use a rifle, bullet, and brass from the same company as my go to rifle and load for accuracy, especially it being a hunting rifle. Yes, All Nosler for me would surely have been a paradox, but no longer. Go figure!!!!

Not everyone has a chronograph, but everyone has a wish list in their head. There are plenty of niches to be filled in my life. They all start with "I want this." and need no real reason for existing.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-13-2011, 04:07 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

bullet, that rifle is truly nice and seeing the shots made with it, very,very accurate. a rifle like that is probably a once in a lifetime rifle and one to be proud to own. good luck with it and enjoy.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
bullet, that rifle is truly nice and seeing the shots made with it, very,very accurate. a rifle like that is probably a once in a lifetime rifle and one to be proud to own. good luck with it and enjoy.

Thank you, it should be a lot of fun for this deer season.
Not everyone has a chronograph, but everyone has a wish list in their head. There are plenty of niches to be filled in my life. They all start with "I want this." and need no real reason for existing.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1216 Times on 783 Posts
Likes Given: 2442

You can't deer hunt with the gun! You wouldn't have anything to blame if you ever missed. Everyone needs a good scapegoat gun for deer hunting.

In all seriousness, I can't help but to wonder if there is some common denominator there (its an occupational hazard - I'm a quality engineer)? I would guess they used their brass and bullets when developing their rifle. For example during testing of all the various factors such as barrel length, rate of twist, number of grooves, and groove depth they would have used their brass and bullets when determining what the best combination of those factors were. I'm guessing that they would also use their rifles when testing new bullets and so on.

If that is the case, it would make sense that all of those components would work perfectly together. The particular rate of twist, barrel length, grove depth, chamber depth, and so on would work perfectly with the particular alloy of the bullet jacket for their bullet and so on. They would also use their rifles when testing or tweaking the alloy of their bullets.

It would be interesting to know if others have had similar results when using Nosler components in a Nosler rifle? It would also be interesting to know if using their rifle ultimately results in less accuracy for their bullets across the board for other gun manufacturers? If you were to test you bullets on various rifles you could tweak the design until you came up with the bullet that worked best for many different brands of guns. If you tweak the design so that it works best on your gun, it would likely not work as well across the board. "Jack of all trades, master of none" but a master is only the master of one.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #5

tluker is right. with the accuracy of that rifle, it would be all on you if you miss the shot! BTW, what did it cost you for the rifle? i saw a MSRP of about $2700 a few years ago when they first brought them to the market.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
You can't deer hunt with the gun! You wouldn't have anything to blame if you ever missed. Everyone needs a good scapegoat gun for deer hunting.

In all seriousness, I can't help but to wonder if there is some common denominator there (its an occupational hazard - I'm a quality engineer)? I would guess they used their brass and bullets when developing their rifle. For example during testing of all the various factors such as barrel length, rate of twist, number of grooves, and groove depth they would have used their brass and bullets when determining what the best combination of those factors were. I'm guessing that they would also use their rifles when testing new bullets and so on.

If that is the case, it would make sense that all of those components would work perfectly together. The particular rate of twist, barrel length, grove depth, chamber depth, and so on would work perfectly with the particular alloy of the bullet jacket for their bullet and so on. They would also use their rifles when testing or tweaking the alloy of their bullets.

It would be interesting to know if others have had similar results when using Nosler components in a Nosler rifle? It would also be interesting to know if using their rifle ultimately results in less accuracy for their bullets across the board for other gun manufacturers? If you were to test you bullets on various rifles you could tweak the design until you came up with the bullet that worked best for many different brands of guns. If you tweak the design so that it works best on your gun, it would likely not work as well across the board. "Jack of all trades, master of none" but a master is only the master of one.
Very interesting post indeed. Good food for thought.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
tluker is right. with the accuracy of that rifle, it would be all on you if you miss the shot! BTW, what did it cost you for the rifle? i saw a MSRP of about $2700 a few years ago when they first brought them to the market.
The M48 TGR retail is 1995.00 and I bought my M48 TGR rifle from Nosler for $1495.00, yep, that is right, it was an over run of 7mm-08 and they offered it to me and I could not resist that rifle for that price. Now, do you guys know that Nosler is letting you buy guns now on a payment plan. That's right Lay-a-way. You think you could do a rifle like that on a payment plan, contact Shawn Finley at Nosler, and he will set you up.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
The M48 TGR retail is 1995.00 and I bought my M48 TGR rifle from Nosler for $1495.00, yep, that is right, it was an over run of 7mm-08 and they offered it to me and I could not resist that rifle for that price. Now, do you guys know that Nosler is letting you buy guns now on a payment plan. That's right Lay-a-way. You think you could do a rifle like that on a payment plan, contact Shawn Finley at Nosler, and he will set you up.
thanks for the info bullet. i might have to check into this. i will get on their website and see what calibers they are offered in. again thanks, and enjoy the rifle.