AK47 style weapon: Reticle system and mount locations??? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > AK47 style weapon: Reticle system and mount locations???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman77
Nice how sturdy is that dust cover mount? And what kind of muzzle break you rocking?
It's pretty solid. Mounts in the rear iron sight cradle and screws into the stock. I really like this mount because I can also put a brass deflector on it.

I believe that's a magpull muzzle break. It's was $20 at the gun show.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:30 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbor

It's pretty solid. Mounts in the rear iron sight cradle and screws into the stock. I really like this mount because I can also put a brass deflector on it.

I believe that's a magpull muzzle break. It's was $20 at the gun show.
Just to be clear its not integrated into the dust cover. I have a stock dust cover in there, the rail system mounts in the rear iron sight cradle and screws into the stock. I'm sure with some engineering you can make a quick release bolt in lieu of the rear mount screw. This way you can quickly tilt the rail up and take off the dust cover for clearing and/or cleaning.