The ak vs mp5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > The ak vs mp5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 03:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default The ak vs mp5

My friend and I have had this argument for the last 3 weeks about which gun is better and in all fields what would u go 2 war with if u had 2 chose between the ak47 and the mp5 I'm a die hard ak fan he is in love with the mp5 I tried 2 tell him the ak is way better but he thinks the mp5 stomps the ak I would like some feed back or would like to have a vote mp5 or Ak-47...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-21-2012, 03:46 AM   #2

Liked 5009 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3c0n5n1p3r View Post
My friend and I have had this argument for the last 3 weeks about which gun is better and in all fields what would u go 2 war with if u had 2 chose between the ak47 and the mp5 I'm a die hard ak fan he is in love with the mp5 I tried 2 tell him the ak is way better but he thinks the mp5 stomps the ak I would like some feed back or would like to have a vote mp5 or Ak-47...
Please don't take this the wrong the wrong way but with a question like that I'm going to assume the both of your firearm experience comes from airsoft, video games, or both.

So...which is it?

Tack

Old 02-21-2012, 03:47 AM   #3
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2466 Times on 1321 Posts
Likes Given: 878

What's the better tool? Hammer? Or a Drill?

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 02-21-2012, 04:11 AM   #4

This is a retarded argument. The mp5 is an entry rifle, the ak47 is a battle rifle it's like asking "what's better shoes, or boots?" What are you going to use it for? Give me an m-4.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemanod View Post
This is a retarded argument. The mp5 is an entry rifle, the ak47 is a battle rifle it's like asking "what's better shoes, or boots?" What are you going to use it for? Give me an m-4.
The MP5 is...um...not a rifle.

Tack

Old 02-21-2012, 04:40 AM   #6

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Yeah, this seems like a video game argument. Any "die-hard" MP5 fan is going to make me wonder pretty hard... And same goes for anyone who would try an compare a pistol to a rifle...

Old 02-21-2012, 04:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Woody View Post
Yeah, this seems like a video game argument. Any "die-hard" MP5 fan is going to make me wonder pretty hard... And same goes for anyone who would try an compare a pistol to a rifle...
That, and the really cool way he wrote "recon sniper" kind of gave it away. Huh

Tack

Old 02-21-2012, 05:01 AM   #8

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

just throwing this out there but the 7.62X39 is capable of armor penetration the 9x19 does not do so well it that area, also the ak is effective against targets out 300 meters as where people have hit targets with a 9x19 it's really not meant for that. The AK will work on pretty much any part of the earth no matter what material you get into it (with exceptions) the MP5 does not have that type of service record. This is one thing that annoys me about video games (the list is pretty long) but they don't focus on realism, if you want to play a game that actually makes you think that's not COD try ArmA it will kick your ass.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 02-21-2012, 05:15 AM   #9

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

That, and the really cool way he wrote "recon sniper"
Ha! It took me a minute but I see it now. That's fancy..

Wow, I really hate video games AND airsoft. Everyone thinks they can carry a small armory through a battlefield switching between an M4, an MP5 and an M240 with ease.
Oooooh! And Where does a Desert Eagle match up here?

Old 02-21-2012, 05:19 AM   #10

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I play video games and shoot airsoft but unlike the OP I get very agitated and can point out the unrealism in video games comparitively to real life. People always tell me "You only think you know about guns because of video games." and that irittates me because they are "gangsta" and shoot their "gat" sideways.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.