Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > aim assisted shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Default aim assisted shooting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu2EqO1qbrQ

Assisted aim rifle efficiency vs skill ? your thoughts please

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #2

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

That video made me sick. The kudu was a spine shot 3/4 of the way down his back. the Impala was a gut shot that I am positive didn't kill the animals quickly. The Seconds Impala was the only good solid kill I seen so far. The Zebra was another spine shot at least 1/2 way down his back. The Eland was another GUT shot as you can see the blood. Nyala was a solid shoulder hit. Black Wildebeest was a gut shot that they were all screaming great shot. Spring buck was a hit very far forward, from the looks of it 2" more it would have been a miss doubt it was a clean kill. Blue wildebeest was a solid boiler room shot but at that distance it wasn't a clean kill because what ever they were shooting didn't have enough to quickly kill it. Over all I give them an A for tech use a D- for using an ipad and an F- because they only had good solid clean kills on 2 at most 3 animals in that video.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #3

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
That video made me sick. The kudu was a spine shot 3/4 of the way down his back. the Impala was a gut shot that I am positive didn't kill the animals quickly. The Seconds Impala was the only good solid kill I seen so far. The Zebra was another spine shot at least 1/2 way down his back. The Eland was another GUT shot as you can see the blood. Nyala was a solid shoulder hit. Black Wildebeest was a gut shot that they were all screaming great shot. Spring buck was a hit very far forward, from the looks of it 2" more it would have been a miss doubt it was a clean kill. Blue wildebeest was a solid boiler room shot but at that distance it wasn't a clean kill because what ever they were shooting didn't have enough to quickly kill it. Over all I give them an A for tech use a D- for using an ipad and an F- because they only had good solid clean kills on 2 at most 3 animals in that video.
Agreed, I am not sure whether they are particularly bothered with ethically clean kills or not in SA

But I find that the use of this tech takes away the whole point of hunting and the respect for the animals and the skill it takes over years of experience to take a shot at that distance.

I can definitely see law enforcement and military applications being a benefit though, but for users who have already developed the skill the traditional way. If the tech breaks down you need to have skills to fall back on .
Old 06-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #4

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

THEY should be gutshot, actually. POS'S like that are just fuel for the fires of the anti hunters and anti gunners. If you are too damned lazy and incompetent to get decent shots, then don't take the shot!