Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   After 28 Years an old Friend is coming home! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/after-28-years-old-friend-coming-home-96319/)

Sniper03 08-31-2013 03:13 PM

After 28 Years an old Friend is coming home!

A great and true story!
After 28 years from first meeting my old friend she is coming home! Sometimes things in life amaze you! In 1985 I was issued a brand new custom built Interarms MK-X 308 Sniper Rifle with Zeiss 10X Scope to use on the Team. I used it for around 4 years when it was retired and replaced with a new Remington 700 PSS System. Both in 308 cal. Which at the time the snipers on the team was issued the new Remington rifles. Years have passed and I retired from the in 2003 from the Metro 10 years ago this coming October. A two weeks ago one of the team members and firearms division training officers called me. He advised me that they thought I had inadvertently left my Interarms Rifle in a gun vault in the Armory and they had it. I advised that it was one of the original department owned and issued sniper rifles for the team and it did not belong to me personally. Jokingly I advised if they ever wanted to sell it, I would be interested in it in the future. Little did I know they were getting ready to trade some weapons and equipment in on some new weapons and items. Last week I received a call from the same officer who advised if I wanted it I could purchase it through the dealer for a great price. They had got with the dealer and had it set for me to buy it if I still wanted to do so. The rifle is still in excellent shape and is and always has been very accurate. So I have made arrangements to pick her up on Sept. 9th. After it has been in the team locker for a total of 24 years and never used since I hung it up 24 years ago. I am more than thrilled about bringing my old friend home and the memories that go along with it. Miracles are always possible. What was the chances this would have ever happened. Thought I would just share this with you all. :)

Axxe55 08-31-2013 03:19 PM

that's a great story! very cool indeed! thanks for sharing that with us and would like to see some pictures of your old friend when it arrives.:D

FrontierTCB 08-31-2013 03:23 PM

That is incredible. Don't forget pics when you get a chance.

KAPRAL-POLAND 08-31-2013 03:27 PM

That is great story!
I would like to see the pictures of your old friend.

I hope that you've oiled it well 24 years ago bevore store it in a vault!

hardluk1 08-31-2013 03:36 PM

Great story . Those old interarms mausers were good shooters.

Chainfire 08-31-2013 06:11 PM

Good for you! :)

Txhillbilly 08-31-2013 06:17 PM

I love it when the history of something goes full circle.
I'm sure you will like having that weapon back in your hands again.

Gatoragn 08-31-2013 06:18 PM

Congrats on a score with high sentimental value.

trip286 08-31-2013 06:22 PM

If only I can get my hands on my old SAW...

JW357 08-31-2013 10:04 PM

Excellent. Congratulations on getting your companion back again.