addiction
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > addiction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

Default addiction

Think I have a new addiction. Its called guns lol. In the last 6 months I have bought two Glocks pistols, a 30-06 and now I just went and bought an ar15 lower. Plus I'm enjoying my reloading gear that I got this year. Plus the wife gave me my own reloading gun room in the house so life is good. The kids and wife are enjoying it too and they are getting into reloading too. They keep asking me when I'm going shooting so they can load up some more bullets. Just wait till they see the ar15 lower and the idea of building the upper. Course they all are going to want one of those. Time to bruise the shoulder with the .06, Later guys. My addiction is calling me!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2563 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Crazy,

You should seek HELP! Immediately!
Of course when birds of a feather flock together. And when addicts associate together there is No Hope!
So do not expect any addiction intervention or assistance to quash your addiction from any of us here on the FTF who are addicts as well!
To the point! YOU ARE IN TROUBLE HERE on the FTF! Our disclaimer: We are not responsible for any additional involved addiction that you might acquire by associating with us!

But in all seriousness I think your addiction is fantastic and it is great that you are getting the family involved is something that can give them pleasure and memories for a lifetime. It can certainly become a family activity. Remember they are our protection for the Second Amendment in the future. By loving the shooting sport no matter what area, they will in the future vote to protect it and certainly enjoy it.
Regarding building an upper we can help you on that but you will need some special tools to complete it. Like and upper Receiver Block & Barrel Nut Wrench. The Barrel Nut should be torqued to a minimum of 35 Ft. Lbs for example so a torque wrench is recommended. Most generally Head Space is not a problem when assembling from good quality parts. But there are a lot of us here that will be more than happy to provide any information you might need in the future.
Happy Building and enjoy the Reloading. Just practice good safety habits and distractions while loading.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #3

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

That's pretty cool.

Lotta educational opportunities for the kid in the safe shooting sports. Responsibilty. Ballistic math in reloading is a biggie...

Your wife is a keeper too!

Old 05-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #4

Liked 76 Times on 47 Posts

Have the same problem to. Just this year I have bought 3 handguns and 1 rifle.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I'm beyond addicted. Since December I have bought atleast 8 guns and have taken up reloading. This has taken up quite a bit of time and money. I don't regret it as it further aides my shooting and has opened me up to calibers that I might have considered too expensive.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:33 AM   #6

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I will agree. I have purchased a couple new items this year...but the biggest had been ammo..stocking up on new and old calibers!...completely addicted also..considering reloading after I get my wife hey own firearm.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #7

Liked 185 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 106

You're screwed now Crazycastor!!

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

Old 05-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #8
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts

The problem will only increase with time.

NRA Certified Instructor, Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Recruiter
GSSF, CRPA, WSRPA
G26, G27, G22x2

racer_x Likes This 
Old 05-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #9

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1246

Well collections grow. If you collect its gana grow lol
still makes me feel like a kid in a candy store