accuracy problems!!! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > accuracy problems!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Laminte stock(grey wolf model),cleaned breach to muzzle,and all ring screws seem to be tight.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #12

Have you tried using a laser bore site to site it in?

Old 02-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Wood stock. Have you gotten it seriously wet or had it subjected to any serious heat?

Was the new scope professionally mounted by the same person that did the break?

Had you shot it successfully since the break and scope change? Good groups? Or has all gone to shi*ite since then?

Old 03-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #14

The stock got real wet one time a few years ago but didn't seem to cause any problems. The scope was mounted at a gun store that has done several for me and they always have done a good job. It seems that accuracy has been slowly diminishing over a period of time.I have not tried any 180 gr. loads through it yet but it seems that the 150 gr. loads improved compared to the 165 gr.that I tried.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:47 AM   #15
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 574

Being a Sako,it should have a free floating barrel from the factory. Since you said the stock had gotten wet before,take a dollar bill and place between the barrel and stock and see if you can pull it from the end of the stock to the action.
If the bill gets stuck anywhere while pulling it towards the action,your stock has probably warped,and that will cause wild groups from touching the barrel when fired. You can either take the action out of the stock and sand the stock down to where it is free floating the barrel again,or replace the stock.

Also,Did you fire the gun after the muzzlebrake was installed? Point of impact will usually change with a muzzlebrake,but the groups usually don't change much. You can take the brake off and fire the gun and see if the groups tighten back up,if your stock is ok and do a little trouble shooting yourself.

I would also take the scope off and check the bases and rings too.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:15 AM   #16

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I would do the dollar bill check and if that passes I would pull the action out of the stock and check it over with a magnifying glass in the area of the action inlet. Maybe your stock is cracked. It may have been bedded from the factory which is a spot of bedding here and there. If anyone that loosened up after the wet stock and shooting it may have been smashed up a little causing your action to move in the stock.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:22 AM   #17

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Hey welcome back...the d bags have been running wild in your absence.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #18

Thanks for all the help guys,I'll try each suggestion out but if that doesn't do it it may be more than I can handle, which means a trip to the gunsmith. I will keep you posted, THANKS!

Old 03-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #19

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Ive thought this a few times, but never posted it.

When having trouble grouping or sighting an optic. Start at 25 yards, get it accpetable, then move to 50 yards, then 100.

Have you tried this?

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 03-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #20

I've tried a number of things including letting other people shoot this rifle. The group size has increased to 2-3'' range which is not acceptable in itself but location of the groups bothers me even more. Sometimes it's to the right,left or high. I'm wondering if the barrel is changing what it likes now that I'm getting more rounds downrange. I've not had this happen before,so could that be a possibility?